Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SLO changes, Kristine is back.  
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 249 Guests

SLO changes, Kristine is back.  

This thread currently has 5,293 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
September 29, 2019, 12:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
I thought that the Chelsea stewards were very good.  Joined in the good atmosphere.

We asked one why so many?  He said that away fans are normally capped at 3,000.

We grossly exceeded that number.  As a new visiting club, we  also represented an unknown risk.
Hence the large numbers of stewards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Malta_Mariner_90
September 29, 2019, 6:08am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I thought that the Chelsea stewards were very good.  Joined in the good atmosphere.

We grossly exceeded that number.  As a new visiting club, we  also represented an unknown risk.

Not sure a certain Stadium Manager would agree with you there.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2019, 8:45am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

They appeared efficient but unobtrusive. That’s the way it should be. It’s also good that the one you spoke to could answer your question rather than just grunt an ‘I dunno’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
rancido
September 29, 2019, 11:38am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Croxton

Oldham opted to allow fans to choose their own seat on a first come basis, similar to Walsall. In most cases this season, fans have been able to view from seats down to pitch level. Despite allowing some other clubs away fans to do this, someone decided that Grimsby should be crowded together in the rear section of the stand. If you view the highlights it looks like we just had a few fans there in the first half. Following some selfish actions by a minority of fans who walked over the seats to 'take' the space behind the goal the rest of us could then get a clear view of the pitch.
The Oldham threads give more details of some unsafe decisions by Stewards and fans. Not many clubs in League 2 take nearly a thousand away fans thus increasing matchday income. If Oldham had given prior notice of their plans, it just might have been possible to come to a compromise between cost of stewarding and fan safety.

No criticism of GTFC here. Oldham put a large number of  fans at what appeared to be an unnecessary distance from the pitch but their own fans had no such inconvenience.
Chelsea broke their own stadium rules by allowing Lower Shed fans to stand and took a light touch policy. Perhaps, it was planned or a concession to League 2 practices.
Clearly, fans should do what the home club ask. It would have taken many more stewards, and a strict 'sit according to your seat number' policy, for Oldhams  plan to have stood a chance.
I wonder if the Oldham SLO spoke to Morecambe and Walsall?

Didn't know they were still on the go!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2019, 3:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Didn't know they were still on the go!

We played all the right teams. Not necessarily in the right order.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
fishboyUTM
September 30, 2019, 7:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Didn't the club lose some sort of customer accreditation recently?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SLO changes, Kristine is back.  

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.