Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Waterfall (Again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 242 Guests

Waterfall (Again)

This thread currently has 17,088 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Pogo
August 15, 2019, 6:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Couldn't agree more, he's been excellent, last thing I would want to see is him leave, but it came out through the closed season he wants to move back to the north west...
And, this signing will now push Pollock down the pecking order...

Pollocks 17 years old.. he’s got a hell of a lot to learn and being around Davis waterfall and Öhman day in day out will only improve him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
Numanoid
August 15, 2019, 6:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +166
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Couldn't agree more, he's been excellent, last thing I would want to see is him leave, but it came out through the closed season he wants to move back to the north west...
And, this signing will now push Pollock down the pecking order...

Jolley said he wants 4 centre halves so no worries  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
jimgtfc
August 15, 2019, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
Excellent signing and potential captain, even if he doesn’t actually wear the armband. Don’t worry about Pollock dropping down the pecking order, he’s only 17 and from what I’ve seen has potential but still has bits to learn and there’s no better players to learn from than the 3 centre halves in front of him. He’ll still get game time as well as Ludwig picks up his weekly yellow cards and Harry Davis seems to pick up the odd injury or two.

2 clean sheets from 3 games and now adding Luke Waterfall into the defensive equation tells me we should be quite water tight this season.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
chipsandgravy
August 15, 2019, 7:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
[quote=140299]

And, this signing will now push Pollock down the pecking order...[/quo"

"Came out" by who. All I ever saw was a rumour posted on here that was the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
IlkleyMariner
August 15, 2019, 7:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from chipsandgravy
[quote=140299]

And, this signing will now push Pollock down the pecking order...[/quo"

"Came out" by who. All I ever saw was a rumour posted on here that was the case.

Think MJ has said that Davis will be here all season. Don't think he was bullsh***ing.
Pollock will see plenty of action for a 17 year old who is still developing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
psgmariner
August 15, 2019, 7:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Shrewsbury fans seem delighted he has left but hopefully he can recapture his form from a few seasons ago.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
Rik e B
August 15, 2019, 7:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
If Davis buggered off we'd be saying we light there again. Three experienced pros and a unit of a youngster a nice blend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
GollyGTFC
August 15, 2019, 7:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Just goes to show where hard work and perseverance gets you. Started off at Gainsborough Trinity and then played for Scunny & Lincoln. And finally he's reached the peak of Lincolnshire football at the age of 29.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 78
Malta_Mariner_90
August 15, 2019, 7:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from psgmariner
Shrewsbury fans seem delighted he has left but hopefully he can recapture his form from a few seasons ago.

There is a bit of a theme with some our signings this summer and opinions of the supporters of their last club.

Hanson was said to be past it, legs gone (even though he only uses his head   ). Looks an absolute beast so far, including some lovely link up play using his feet.

Hewitt was meant to be the worlds worst RB yet so far he did well at Morecambe and was a lot of folks MOM against Bradford.

And now Waterfall...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
KingstonMariner
August 15, 2019, 7:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Hopefully he’ll prove the Shrews fans wrong. And as a Sheffield lad he’ll love being at Meggies.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Waterfall (Again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.