7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
July 31, 2019, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
If we can come out of the season looking like a respectful L2 team then it'll be a success. Aim for a top half finish and work on consistency that we seemed sorely lacking in last season.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 63
Mariner Timsky
July 31, 2019, 12:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from crusty ole pie
GOALS

Here, here to that!

What was it last season, 45 scored in the league?? Again not good enough that

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 63
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 31, 2019, 12:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
In today’s GT, according to SportNation.Bet's League Two predicted table we will be 22nd!

We need a decent start to generate some optimism.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 63
Son of Cod
July 31, 2019, 12:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Rick12
Halfway for me.I noticed today on odds checker that we are 4th favourites to be relegated which surprises me ?

I've listened to and read a few previews and most seem to point to our poor end to the season and the ones that actually seem to have looked at squads talk about lack of creativity. The creativity thing is obviously a legitimate concern, but I don't buy this poor end of season stuff. We were safe really early last season and just sort of gave up. A more relevant main criticism of Jolley would be why did this happen and is he capable of getting the squad to stay motivated enough to progress from 17th/18th to actual proper midtable 11th/12th/13th, which I think is certainly achievable. I haven't seen one preview yet talk about our youngsters coming through, but I'm happy for this to slip under the radar. Neither have any of them mentioned that for a team that finished 17th last season, we weren't particularly bad at defending and had a better or as good a GA column as plenty of sides in the top half and around midtable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 63
Badger57
July 31, 2019, 12:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
50+ years a Town fan. This is the first season I can recall where I have little or no enthusiasm whatsoever and no expectations at all. For me it's a case of, "OK, here we go again."  
Sad to say that but that's how I truly feel.
A couple of good early wins and I might change my mind though eh?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 63
Malta_Mariner_90
July 31, 2019, 12:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Approval: +796
Expectations - like others have said, realistically higher mid table, but if Newport and Tranmere made the playoff final last season...

Worry - Squad depth looks too thin at the moment for a real tilt at the playoffs, though our team on paper should not see us struggle at the bottom end.

Cause for optimism - Generally the standard at this level is poor and with a bit more attacking intent we could at least flirt with the play-offs.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 63
grimsby pete
July 31, 2019, 12:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
In today’s GT, according to SportNation.Bet's League Two predicted table we will be 22nd!

We need a decent start to generate some optimism.

Yes I saw that too,

MJ should stick that on the changing room wall so they can all see it before they go on the pitch,

It might inspire them to go out and show them we are much better that that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 63
Rick12
July 31, 2019, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Son of Cod

. I haven't seen one preview yet talk about our youngsters coming through, but I'm happy for this to slip under the radar. .

Yes .By the sounds of it that Mattie Pollock looks a promising player.Will be interesting to see how his career pans out?

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 63
Mariner Timsky
July 31, 2019, 1:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Could we see Pollock, Clifton and Rose starting on Sat??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 63
buckstown
July 31, 2019, 1:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
Struggling for enthusiasm, worried about genuine creativity from midfield and the bookies don't usually get it badly wrong.
Head - 15th
Heart - taken the 66/1, Hanson will be a massive influence
Really hope one of the young lads makes a significant breakthrough
Hope the club and council can finally sort plans for a new stadium because I think that is the key to a takeover
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.