Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.....

This thread currently has 7,385 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
July 18, 2019, 1:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,114
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Son of Cod
I've come to actually quite like FGR as a club since we went up and they aren't a direct competitor. I can tolerate Crawley and Fleetwood a bit more now that their money has dried up a bit. Stevenage though? intercourse 'em. Horrible club.

I still don't have a clue what this thread is about; as mentioned, the link doesn't work......

As for your comment on FGR, I'm actually with you.  I really don't mind them.  The owner has a vision; he might be a bit of a weirdo, and actually not that nice a person, maybe a bit too arrogant, but I have no malice towards them.  People hate the fact that FGR is his play thing, but I quite admire his principles and the fact he's trying to take them to another level.  How FFP comes into it, I don't know, but there are far more horrible clubs than them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
Biccys
July 18, 2019, 1:33pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Heisenberg

I still don't have a clue what this thread is about; as mentioned, the link doesn't work......

Worked for me.
Stevenage given £5,000 Football Association fine after sexist chanting towards official.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 29
Les Brechin
July 18, 2019, 1:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Heisenberg

Quoted Text
Stevenage have been fined £5,000 after admitting a Football Association charge of sexist chanting towards a female official during a home game in March.

About 75-100 home fans chanted for several minutes as fourth official Lisa Rashid replaced an assistant referee midway through their match with Bury.

The League Two game had been chosen as Stevenage's women in football day.

"We will impose significant bans on any supporters found guilty of such behaviour," said chairman Phil Wallace.

"Financial penalties really hurt small clubs like ourselves and this is a real blow to us as we fight financially to build a winning team."

Stevenage breached Football Association rule E20, which states "the club had failed to ensure that its spectators, and all persons purporting to be its supporters or followers, conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and refrained from using abusive and/or insulting words which included a reference, whether express or implied to gender, whilst attending a match in which it was involved".

The Hertfordshire club have also been ordered to implement a 15-point action plan - though the FA concluded they were not at fault for the behaviour, or the way it was dealt with on the day.

The FA say the chanting against Rashid - who assumed assistant refereeing duties around the 18th minute of the game - was "extremely offensive, both blatantly sexist and in vulgar indecent language".

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
Les Brechin
July 19, 2019, 6:48pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
ROKERITE
July 19, 2019, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Their home and away strips for the coming season have to be contenders for worst of all time. Being sponsored by Burgerking doesn't help but if you are don't design a shirt that looks like an assistant's in one of your sponsor's restaurants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Marinerz93
July 21, 2019, 7:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Bra gate, now this, surely they should be on a register of some sorts now.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/j85vDqq.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
FishOutOfWater
July 22, 2019, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93
Bra gate, now this, surely they should be on a register of some sorts now.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/j85vDqq.gif[/img]

Just read the link Les posted above and noticed this....

Stevenage owner Phil Wallace takes pride in "doing things differently" - and having a world-renowned, Champions League-winning former Italy striker oversee the part sale of a club that has a creche on site is certainly that.

You have to wonder who if anyone has the job of checking the bras of any women who are breastfeeding their infants?  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 29
RonMariner
July 23, 2019, 1:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,863
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from mariner91
The day they drop back into the non league abyss will be a happy one.

Amen to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
GollyGTFC
July 24, 2019, 7:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from mariner91
The day they drop back into the non league abyss will be a happy one.

From Stevenage’s OS (new kit launch)...

“Season Ticket Holders can log-into their online account to receive 10% off their order”

STHs have an online account. Further proof that we’re living in the Stone Age.

Unless things change I think we are in much bigger danger of dropping back in non league.

I quite like Stevenage. There I said it. It’s on the east coast main line. It’s a pleasant walk to and from the railway station. And there’s a Nando’s 2 minutes from the station. What more do you want? Ok, maybe a Five Guys too would be nice.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 29
NorthseaMariner
July 24, 2019, 8:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Everyone, there’s no point in forever bearing grudges, it’s just soul destroying. Get over it and move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.