SteffiMariner
May 20, 2019, 6:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from oochiad
As I don’t now how to start a new thread I’ll mention this as it’s to do with tickets. Our club has an offer on which my Dad has been looking forward to for the last few years. When you reach the age of 85 you receive a free season ticket. He’s now reached that milestone. Fantastic we thought, on going to get our two season tickets in the same two seats we’ve had for ever, we are told that I can get my same seat as I’ve paid for but for my Dads seat we have to go and claim his free one every week at the ticket office. I’m furious at this for two reasons, I live away in Yorkshire as some of you will know meaning my Dad will have to make the extra journey every week which isn’t easy for him and secondly what if someone takes the seat next to mine which has always been his because someone got to the ticket office before him? He’s very upset about it all. As I’ve said I’m furious about this as he’s been a season ticket holder for decades and this is what he gets?

So let me get this straight, you're moaning about getting something for free? The expression "choosing beggar" springs to mind.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2019, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
PR is done on the pitch............oooohhh hang on  
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
Stadium
May 20, 2019, 6:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Quoted from mimma
Surely if they advertise "free season ticket" then that is what you should get. A free ticket that you have to pick up every game is not a season ticket. A season ticket is a book of tickets for every home game.

Your missing the point.
I was inquiring whether the policy is a free ST or a concession for each game.
The information regarding the free ticket is from the fans charter.
Does anybody know whether an "ancient mariner" is entitled to a ST?
Personally a no brainer me but whats the actual current policy?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
Stadium
May 20, 2019, 6:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

The son can hardly be his father's 'chaperone' if they are sitting apart or even in different blocks / stands can he? Of course he could give up his regular seat and hope the one next to the one his father is allocated is free from week to week

flipping ridiculous and a bloody disgrace, hope the Telewag run with it.

Why the outrage??
All we are doing is trying to establish the facts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 6:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Stadium

Why the outrage??
All we are doing is trying to establish the facts.

Maybe the Ultimate Fact Checker can set us straight.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
SteffiMariner
May 20, 2019, 7:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
If I ran a business and had a promotion like this, giving away a product for free, and people were as outraged as some on here, I'd stop the promotion. How people can moan because they are getting something for free amazes me. It's a free season ticket, you just have to pick it up for every home game, it's not a massive issue. I'm pretty sure if you rang the club and booked the seat next to you, they'd oblige as they are normally very good in there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
arryarryarry
May 20, 2019, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from SteffiMariner
If I ran a business and had a promotion like this, giving away a product for free, and people were as outraged as some on here, I'd stop the promotion. How people can moan because they are getting something for free amazes me. It's a free season ticket, you just have to pick it up for every home game, it's not a massive issue. I'm pretty sure if you rang the club and booked the seat next to you, they'd oblige as they are normally very good in there.

Doh?????? If it is a season ticket why have to pick one up each game.

If you were a season ticket holder and the club said you have to go into the club before each game to get a ticket whether it is free or not I am sure you would be drunk off.

I'm in my 60s and suffer some mobility problems God knows what I will be like if I get to 85 but the club expecting an 85 year old to go down to the ground to get their ticket each game is urine poor if that is the current situation.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
Stadium
May 20, 2019, 7:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

If you were a season ticket holder and the club said you have to go into the club before each game to get a ticket whether it is free or not I am sure you would be drunk off.

I'm in my 60s and suffer some mobility problems God knows what I will be like if I get to 85 but the club expecting an 85 year old to go down to the ground to get their ticket each game is urine poor if that is the current situation.

Were does it state its a season ticket?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 82
SteffiMariner
May 20, 2019, 7:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Because the terms of the offer are you pick it up from the ticket office. How about people read terms and conditions on things before suffering outrage? May be, just may be, there is a reason that the tickets have to be collected before hand.

This is why the club can never do anytihng right. They offer a free ticket and half the Fishy get up in arms because the terms and conditions don't meet their standards. Everyone is missing the point here - the club is offering something for free and people still want more.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
MuddyWaters
May 20, 2019, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Because the terms of the offer are you pick it up from the ticket office. How about people read terms and conditions on things before suffering outrage? May be, just may be, there is a reason that the tickets have to be collected before hand.

This is why the club can never do anytihng right. They offer a free ticket and half the Fishy get up in arms because the terms and conditions don't meet their standards. Everyone is missing the point here - the club is offering something for free and people still want more.

It’s a free ticket wrapped in a load of unnecessary red tape. How difficult can it be to be flexible?
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticketing modernisation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.