Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Name your price..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 280 Guests

Name your price..

This thread currently has 8,806 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
April 27, 2019, 10:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
The owner and majority share holder has to come out and name his price. Stop all this nonsense, open up, be honest and tell everyone what you are willing to take to walk away.

People who know me know I'm not usually one for this kind of bashing but from what I was told today everything a lot of posters have said about the majority share holder is true... Ex manager at the game today and hes opened up and backed up what a lot of people on here have said about being given no money, genuinely wanted to stay but got given a next to nothing budget and wasn't allowed to offer a contract to a certain player (who is now playing championshipp football!)

I think with a half decent budget MJ will be a decent manager for us and although results arent great at the moment I'm behind him. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
April 27, 2019, 11:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
tell us names then fella it’s just words back it up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
lukeo
April 27, 2019, 11:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Hurst and Toto
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
dapperz fun pub
April 27, 2019, 11:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
Hurst and Toto

Ahh is that hurst who was given how many years to get us promotion bearing in mind we never once challenged for the title , now I’m not fenty biggest fan but on this one I think the ear cupping dwarf was a lucky man as for toto he’s no championship player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
LH
April 28, 2019, 12:19am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
We didn’t challenge for the title because we had a smaller budget than all of the eventual champions due to either parachute payments or rich owners. We didn’t invest our payments appropriately (did we get any?!)  or pump money in (other than the fans). Can we finally let this one lie? It was hard enough to be automatically promoted as it was.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
dapperz fun pub
April 28, 2019, 8:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from LH
We didn’t challenge for the title because we had a smaller budget than all of the eventual champions due to either parachute payments or rich owners. We didn’t invest our payments appropriately (did we get any?!)  or pump money in (other than the fans). Can we finally let this one lie? It was hard enough to be automatically promoted as it was.

Hurst is the one not letting it go (apparently) if I was him I’d be lying low after the shambles he’s created at Ipswich  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
Ipswin
April 28, 2019, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from lukeo
Hurst and Toto

If a small budget helped to get rid of those two then he did us a favour

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
RonMariner
April 28, 2019, 9:39am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Was congratulating a Sheffield United supporting friend last night and he told me they have the 8th lowest budget in the championship.  

So it's really is all about how you spend your money, as we have seen with Chesterfield, Accrinton and others in recent years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
Bigdog
April 28, 2019, 10:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
While having one of the biggest budgets in any division does not guarantee success it certainly increases the chances of success. The future planning of GTFC can't be based upon using anomalies like Accrington, it's akin to signing up to the "football fortune" business model. If you look at the top of our division, three of the biggest spenders fill three of the top four positions. The top five biggest budgets fill the top five places in League One, the top six biggest budgets in the Premier League are in the top six. Norwich and Sheff Utd have bucked the trend in the Championship this season, but the biggest budgeted teams, Newcastle and Wolves won it most recently. Waiting patiently in the hope of being an anomaly with a small budget is a huge risk and how many other teams have got relegated with one of the smallest budgets in the division? Plenty more than have got promoted. A better business and planning model for GTFC is to work frantically to find ways to amass one of the bigger budgets in the division without overspending. The only way to do this is to attract external investment or increase matchday and advertising revenue. Failing that, the Exeter model, unearthing young talent to sell on for big six figure fees or even seven figures seems to work well for them and Brentford higher up the pyramid. Of course if a football club is switched on it would be doing all three at the same time, increasing matchday revenue, sponsorship and advertising, GTFC stagnant at best and will probably drop over the summer, attract new inward investment, never at GTFC, and unearthing new talent, well we're offering youth more pro contracts but no proof of any future Bogles as of today. If we're waiting around to do an Accrington, for every Accrington there are at least a dozen Yeovils, Barnets or Dagenhams. It's a risky game trying to stave off apathy and a downward spiral season after season but I guess hoping for the anomaly of one season in ten or twenty which is football fortune is exactly where we are at the moment, and we should be doing much better than that behind the scenes and trying to find ways to have a bigger cloth to sustainably cut from..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
rancido
April 28, 2019, 10:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from LH

We got a parachute payment for the first season. But surely because we didn't get further parachute payments and we don't have rich owners then it follows that our budget would have been smaller than some clubs. JF is comparatively wealthy ( especially as regards the average man in the street or local businessman ) but he would hardly come under the classification as " rich " ,certainly compared to a lot of other football club owners.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Name your price..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.