Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 270 Guests

Officially Safe!

This thread currently has 10,719 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Barrattstander
April 16, 2019, 4:47pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +875
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from queenybantam07

Aye, I expect us to bounce back at the first attempt. Always enjoyed the games against you lot. I imagine we’ll sell-out regardless of league position - providing the fixture machine is kind to us.

I hope you bring a few. Sadly, I don’t think you brought any more than 800 to VP the last time we were both in L2. We’ve sold 13,500 ST’s already - which is decent considering the dross we’ve been served up these past 18 months.

I’m actually looking forward to next season, strangely.

Bradford City have been selling 2019/20 season tickets for well over a month already, in fact their 'early bird' offer has now finished, hence the 13000+ sales so far.
Mind you they do have to fill a stadium that is now too large for them, hence the prices.

[tweet]1107698163945820161[/tweet]

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
queenybantam07
April 16, 2019, 5:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Quoted from Barrattstander

Bradford City have been selling 2019/20 season tickets for well over a month already, in fact their 'early bird' offer has now finished, hence the 13000+ sales so far.
Mind you they do have to fill a stadium that is now too large for them, hence the prices.

[tweet]1107698163945820161[/tweet]

I wouldn’t suggest Valley Parade is too big for us, we’ve filled it more than a few times - and recently. We averaged just under 20,000 last season.

What’s the away allocation at BP these days?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
queenybantam07
April 16, 2019, 5:53pm
Lager Top Drinker

The trouble is - everybody thinks they are going "bounce back" at the first attempt.

Other clubs (barring us, obviously) will also throw money at it, so nothing is a given.

Good luck nonetheless.

It’s a fair comment.

My confidence only stems from us having a very talented set of players currently, which may sound deluded given our current league position - but we were tipped for promotion this pre-season. It’s just been a shocker on and off the pitch - but there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel.

What are the expectations these days in Grimsby? I see you have Wes Thomas and Luke Hendrie on your books; how have they faired?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
arryarryarry
April 16, 2019, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117

Aye, I expect us to bounce back at the first attempt. Always enjoyed the games against you lot. I imagine we’ll sell-out regardless of league position - providing the fixture machine is kind to us.

I hope you bring a few. Sadly, I don’t think you brought any more than 800 to VP the last time we were both in L2. We’ve sold 13,500 ST’s already - which is decent considering the dross we’ve been served up these past 18 months.

I’m actually looking forward to next season, strangely.

You were lucky that many went, we hadn't won a game in 19 matches and were heading for the hell of non league.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
Heisenberg
April 16, 2019, 6:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97

I wouldn’t suggest Valley Parade is too big for us, we’ve filled it more than a few times - and recently. We averaged just under 20,000 last season.

About 1,800.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 75
Heisenberg
April 16, 2019, 6:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97

I agree about your ground, it’s big because your fan base is big. You’ll be substantially the best supported club next season.

I wish we’d have the sort of incentives offered to sign up to a season ticket, but we’re not as forward thinking as that over here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
queenybantam07
April 16, 2019, 6:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

I agree about your ground, it’s big because your fan base is big. You’ll be substantially the best supported club next season.

I wish we’d have the sort of incentives offered to sign up to a season ticket, but we’re not as forward thinking as that over here.

There’s nothing I would like more than to see other clubs launching similar ticketing initiatives. It’s a bit difficult for clubs with a smaller fanbase. I think Vale attempted it a few years ago, and made a loss when compared to the previous season, as they only sold 2,000 extra season tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
April 16, 2019, 6:40pm
Guest User
Why officially safe? Fenty may say enough is enough go away and leave us in administration, 12 points deducted, leaves us on 38, players not paid. Lose rest of games, relegated to National league, as in administration we are kicked out and join Chester, Darlington and Stockpot. Only safe when next fixtures out.
Reply: 67 - 75
Barrattstander
April 16, 2019, 7:21pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +875
Gold Stars: 14

Not knocking your attendances at all, you're still averaging over 16000 this season, in what must be a fairly miserable time for the supporters. The point I was trying to make was that with the capacity of Valley Parade being 25000+ the club has had to be pro-active regarding pricing and marketing in getting your fans to games or there would be a lot more than the current average 9000 empty seats per game, a characteristic that most GTFC fans would not be familiar with.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
April 16, 2019, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237

It’s a fair comment.

My confidence only stems from us having a very talented set of players currently, which may sound deluded given our current league position - but we were tipped for promotion this pre-season. It’s just been a shocker on and off the pitch - but there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel.

What are the expectations these days in Grimsby? I see you have Wes Thomas and Luke Hendrie on your books; how have they faired?

The expectations in Grimsby? Nil. In goals and optimism. Fans are against the owner who has had sole control for nearly 2 decades and we have never been in anything other than league 2 or non league, and have not set the league alight in either.

Thomas seems to have had an altercation with the management and seems unlikely to play again. Hendrie is a good player.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.