This thread currently has 12,132 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 12:42pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
I for one will be attending. I think it's a good idea and thank JF for accepting the invite. Hoping that sensible questions will be put forward to him and the trust. Also hope that it doesn't turn into a Fenty out party.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 108
Ipswin
January 24, 2019, 12:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ska face
ng.

Hopefully it’ll be constructive and good natured, though time will tell!

I doubt it will be the first and I hope it's not the second.

A good row is probably the most we can expect. Who's going to play 'Shut Up's' role? Will Fenty be as quiet and withdrawn as the was at the Fans Forum or, given the absence of Slade and Shut Up will he have to be more to the fore?

Interesting

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 108
Northbank Mariner
January 24, 2019, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
I probably will go along but my concern is that people become irrational during times of turbulence and uncertainty, I feel that maybe JSF has opened himself for more abuse and no-one should put themselves in that situation..
Yes he always comes out, makes a statement and answers questions but at this present moment in time and the I'll feeling, which has grown since he made an appearance with a statement right at the wrong time, toward him and the board that having an open session will create even more unrest which actually is the polar opposite to what we need..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 108
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 12:49pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I probably will go along but my concern is that people become irrational during times of turbulence and uncertainty, I feel that maybe JSF has opened himself for more abuse and no-one should put themselves in that situation..
Yes he always comes out, makes a statement and answers questions but at this present moment in time and the I'll feeling, which has grown since he made an appearance with a statement right at the wrong time, toward him and the board that having an open session will create even more unrest which actually is the polar opposite to what we need..

It's the mariners trust that have organised this and invited him along. How would it look if he refused?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 108
Bigdog
January 24, 2019, 12:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Why don't you go along and find out??

Oh.. here we go. I live in Spain, I offered my services to the club for free in the past (didn't need help with PR), I offered up a contact of a long shot potential big name investor (never followed up but was easily worth a punt) I put questions forward to the last forum when none got read out, I've offered him a one to one Q&A on here, I wrote a list of questions for him to answer on another thread but he chose to talk about the Main Stand made up subject instead..

You're like an annoying fooking wasp that turns up red crossing and chastising everyone making assumptions about people while not knowing anything about them. You're the epitome of why the club will never listen and take a step forward by being blindly loyal to the stagnation of the status quo. Fook what the fans think as long as John's happy and running the club in his comfort zone, and therein lies the problem that's at the heart of the club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 108
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 12:57pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Oh.. here we go. I live in Spain, I offered my services to the club for free in the past, I put questions forward to the last forum when none got read out, I've offered him a one to one Q&A on here, I wrote a list of questions for him to answer on another thread but he chose to talk about the Main Stand made up subject..

You're like an annoying fooking wasp that turns up red crossing and chastising everyone making assumptions while not knowing anything about them. You're the epitome of why the club will never take a step forward by being blindly loyal to the stagnation of the status quo. Fook what the fans think as long as John's happy, and therein lies the problem that's at the heart of the club..

Put your questions to the trust again and maybe just maybe one or 2 may get answered. Bring some of your business accumen to the table!! I'm not chastising nor making assumptions. I'm simply voicing my opinions like many others including yourself,  just because I'm not on the Fenty out bandwagon doesn't mean I don't care about the club or the future of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 108
Bigdog
January 24, 2019, 12:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

Put your questions to the trust again and maybe just maybe one or 2 may get answered. Bring some of your business accumen to the table!! I'm not chastising nor making assumptions. I'm simply voicing my opinions like many others including yourself,  just because I'm not on the Fenty out bandwagon doesn't mean I don't care about the club or the future of it.

Here's a first for you..

How about you write down what questions you'd like to ask on this thread. No one knows on here actually what you think about the club and its future other than you being loyal to John..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 108
1mickylyons
January 24, 2019, 1:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56

It's the mariners trust that have organised this and invited him along. How would it look if he refused?

Correct and he should have nothing to fear other than some difficult questioning.To my recollection he get no abuse whatsoever at the fan`s forum I mean he got lambasted afterwards obviously but on the night most fan`s were ok with all those at the top table.The 3 most abusive people on the night were Marley and the guy goading him plus the guy who started abusing Matt Dean initially.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 108
Tommy
January 24, 2019, 1:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
My first thought about this is....

I hope we don't end up with an embarrassing and wholly damaging incident like last year.

Worried this will do more harm than good.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 108
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 1:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Here's a first for you..

How about you write down what questions you'd like to ask on this thread. No one knows on here actually what you think about the club and its future other than you being loyal to John..

I don't have to bow down to you and write my questions on here. I'll ask what I like and post on here if I feel they are relevant. People at the event will know. And why is it your business? Why is it anything to do with you? Why are you so het up about my thoughts? I dont push my opinions on others the way you and so many others do. I comment when I please. And as for being like an annoying wasp my sting is far worse!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.