Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Match Thread

This thread currently has 27,269 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 5, 2019, 7:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
So proud tonight.
Awesome performance from team and fans alike

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 216
Teestogreen
January 5, 2019, 7:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
As I understand - the 3 o clock games were not subject to VAR.

i.m.o you can not apply different rules to random games in the same tournament - whether it's the F. A. Cup or Tiddlie Winks.

Joke football.

But - immense effort by Town today - love'em.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 216
Madeleymariner
January 5, 2019, 7:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Stadium

Correct but remember some people will want to forget the laws of the game and go back 30 years.

Correct go back 30 years when footballers weren't wimpy playboys squealing like little pigs as soon as they feel someones breath on the back of their neck. At this rate it will become illegal to tackle and will become old man type walking football with no excitement, pace, or action. .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 216
gytone
January 5, 2019, 8:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,032
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Correct go back 30 years when footballers weren't wimpy playboys squealing like little pigs as soon as they feel someones breath on the back of their neck. At this rate it will become illegal to tackle and will become old man type walking football with no excitement, pace, or action. .

Well said 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 216
Grimal
January 5, 2019, 8:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
A great defensive performance from our lads, they've done us proud, every one of them can hold their heads high,
MJ did wonders on changing the formation as soon as we were down to 10 . What a transformation that guy and his backroom staff have made to our club. I would just like to give a special mention for RHJ. he was immense today and fills in at centre back as if it's his recognised position. Our fans need a special mention to,sang their hearts out for 90+ minutes, couldn't hear the Palace fans. Safe journey home to everyone that travelled. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 216
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

And it may but I very much doubt tackling will be banned.
However football will remain been santised on and off the pitch.
The fans however wont have a say in that.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 216
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Teestogreen
As I understand - the 3 o clock games were not subject to VAR.

i.m.o you can not apply different rules to random games in the same tournament - whether it's the F. A. Cup or Tiddlie Winks.

Joke football.

But - immense effort by Town today - love'em.

UTM

Fully agree.
How you can have two standards is beyond me-however the red card was the correct decision regardless.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 216
RonMariner
January 5, 2019, 8:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
It's been a long time since we had a team that we feel so proud of. Not just in this game, but for several weeks now.

This is a team with real fighting spirit.

For years now whenever we were leading a game I always had the feeling that the opposition would score, and they usually did. Once we went a goal down it normally felt like  game over.

But when this team score I always feel that we will go on and win. When this team goes a goal down I always feel like they can turn it round.

I think MJ is building something special. I honestly don't think we have anything to fear in L2. It may not happen this season, but we are going to get promoted out of this league, and soon.

GTFC is back.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 216
Teestogreen
January 5, 2019, 8:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Stadium

Fully agree.
How you can have two standards is beyond me-however the red card was the correct decision regardless.

It wasn't was it - because the referee (the final man in charge  ) gave a yellow card! On this basis and the way Town played we may have drawn or even won.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 216
Grimal
January 5, 2019, 8:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9

You've never played OLD MAN type walking football then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 216
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.