This thread currently has 10,415 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 29, 2018, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

Not being able to defend in the third best defensive record in the league and best goals scored in the league...

Just repeating what YOUR fans are posting. Surprised you only have the 3rd best defensive record tbh, thought you would be better than that
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Left back, pacy winger and big physical centre forward for me. But must add quality, not cheap squad fodder.

I’d really like to see us sign Hendrie permanently

Agree wholeheartedly. Not quite Townsend or Danny Andrew quality but a very capable player at this level.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Toofolo gets stick off what a few divs on Vitals, he is a firm favourite at Lincoln and a very good player.

As for Sam hes been injured for a year - Some kind of bone disorder, wheer the patella rubs against the femur I think. Shame for Sam because great player, and free kick taker. But I would be worried about his long term ability to play football after this injury which seems a pretty bad one.

Embleton to Lincoln in Jan as part of Harry Anderson going to Sunderland - Heard it here first.

Harry Anderson isn't even a player I'd be particularly fussed about signing in L2, let alone top end of L1. He's only 2 years older than Embleton but not a patch on him in terms of quality, I'd be shocked if Sunderland are even remotely interested. Most of the posters on Vitals are saying he should be benched!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 3:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker

It is for the ones that have only been going since 2016!

Most of your fans then...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 3:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from mariner91

Harry Anderson isn't even a player I'd be particularly fussed about signing in L2, let alone top end of L1. He's only 2 years older than Embleton but not a patch on him in terms of quality, I'd be shocked if Sunderland are even remotely interested. Most of the posters on Vitals are saying he should be benched!

Probably why your a fan and not a manager...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/.....y-canaries-1-5766697

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 3:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Most of your fans then...

Where have all yours gone from when you had some success then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Probably why your a fan and not a manager...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/.....y-canaries-1-5766697

Well it must be true if it was reported by the Sunday People! Owned by the same company who once reported this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/grimsby-striker-liam-hearn-being-1675162

Embleton is very highly rated by Sunderland and has become an integral player in the England youth set up. Anderson has never been close to reaching those heights, never even made the England youth squads let alone regularly starting and scoring for them. If Embleton isn't good enough yet to regularly play for Sunderland, there isn't a chance that Anderson is.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 4:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Where have all yours gone from when you had some success then?

Come back and have this conversation when we bring less than 500 to Sincil Bank on a bank holiday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 4:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Well it must be true if it was reported by the Sunday People! Owned by the same company who once reported this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/grimsby-striker-liam-hearn-being-1675162

Embleton is very highly rated by Sunderland and has become an integral player in the England youth set up. Anderson has never been close to reaching those heights, never even made the England youth squads let alone regularly starting and scoring for them. If Embleton isn't good enough yet to regularly play for Sunderland, there isn't a chance that Anderson is.

He is a good player, there are many players who have played for England junior levels and never gone on to great things. Make of it what you think, but he's been scouted for quite a while, Anderson has played League 1 and 2, Embleton has played what, less than 20  league games? He will end up here in January in my opinion, That's based on some hearsay and some factual information too.I have never seen him play, so I am not even sure he would get in our team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 4:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Come back and have this conversation when we bring less than 500 to Sincil Bank on a bank holiday.

Great banter..

Maybe you should stop living in the past , embrace the future. Now, in this time, we have different aspirations and have moved on quite a bit from them days.People keep quoting the bandwagon, but we seem to be keeping these fans, don't we???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.