Bigdog
November 8, 2018, 11:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy
I am led to believe that if someone offered JF £1m in cash for his shares and asked him to write off his loans he would do so provided the purchaser could demonstrate he had the money, and will, to move the club forward.

Well if that is true, it would be very benevolent of him and I would applaud the gesture..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 105
ginnywings
November 8, 2018, 11:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Bigdog

Well if that is true, it would be very benevolent of him and I would applaud the gesture..

He did say that he had written off the loans in his head, and at the end of the day, whatever you think of him, i believe he genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart. I'm sure he would jump at the chance to pass the mantle of the club onto some other body. If that body was a consortium of fans, i think that would be acceptable. The stumbling block is finding the fans with the wherewithal and will to put this in motion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 105
golfer
November 8, 2018, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Cloudy
I am led to believe that if someone offered JF £1m in cash for his shares and asked him to write off his loans he would do so provided the purchaser could demonstrate he had the money, and will, to move the club forward.

I think he would Cloudy. i don't think he is a bad bloke or else he wouldn't have saved the club in the first place but I'm sure he wouldn't do anything of the sort while all these loud mouthed bigots are calling fuk out of him. Would anybody ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 105
MuddyWaters
November 8, 2018, 3:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Well I hope he had a few quid on L'es Fremantle trained by Mr Chapman - it's just won at 100-1!
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 105
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2018, 10:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

He did say that he had written off the loans in his head, and at the end of the day, whatever you think of him, i believe he genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart. I'm sure he would jump at the chance to pass the mantle of the club onto some other body. If that body was a consortium of fans, i think that would be acceptable. The stumbling block is finding the fans with the wherewithal and will to put this in motion.

It's probably more about the lack of leadership for the idea than the lack of money. The obvious body to organise and lead it is the Trust but the Trust board don't want to do it/don't think they can do it and no one else with a different view is willing to stand for election.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 105
Cloudy
November 9, 2018, 6:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's probably more about the lack of leadership for the idea than the lack of money. The obvious body to organise and lead it is the Trust but the Trust board don't want to do it/don't think they can do it and no one else with a different view is willing to stand for election.

I suspect that Fenty being convinced that any new person or consortium could run the club properly would be for them to run it his way. Letting some other body buy him out and for him to hand over the reigns and do things differently would be horrific for him, especially if they were successful
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty - Name Your Price

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.