8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
October 23, 2018, 10:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,728
Gold Stars: 44
Who would have thought when seeing the pre-match midfield lineup of Embleton, Rose, Clifton and Vernam for the Carlisle away game (at the point of having 6 lost on the bounce)  that things would turn around as they have?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
Mariner93er
October 23, 2018, 10:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
I think having clifton and rose in the middle has been a big part of this. Both mobile and physical. There's better technical players for the position than rose, but non who have as much balls as he does for getting their heads up and trying to play a pass.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
chipsandgravy
October 23, 2018, 10:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from drbell

Really? As I got to watch the game, and guessing many/most who are on here during 90 minutes didn't, was trying to share my thoughts. As someone who rarely gets to see games I'd assumed the thoughts of someone fresh to all the players would be of interest.

Already been saying we were better side, deserved the win. Very happy town fan.

Thought I was being helpful. I'll keep quiet.

Think it was the 'weak link's bit based on this game. To be fair he didn't have a great game and had one or two dodgy moments tonight. However I like the lad and over the last few games has done well. He's a other young one who no doubt will make the odd mistake but I think he more than justifies his place at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
HertsGTFC
October 23, 2018, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Not that bothered about over analysis, lads worked hard against a decent side and  pushed for the win which came with some great vision from Rose and a good finish from Wes.

10 points from 12 and 4 clean sheets massive improvement!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
heppy88
October 23, 2018, 10:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Really enjoyed that. The players showed passion and fully deserved the applause and singing at the end. It’s good to be enjoying the football again. UTMM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
horsforthmariner
October 23, 2018, 10:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
Really enjoyed the game  were way better than last season we'll end up in mid table
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
jamesgtfc
October 23, 2018, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I thought we were guilty of overplaying it on the floor tonight and it nearly cost us but for a poor finish and excellent save from McKeown.

Great to see us trying to play the right way, but sometimes the best option is just to clear the ball forwards and push up.

5 points from the next 3 away games would keep the unbeaten run going and keep confidence high.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
Abdul19
October 24, 2018, 6:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
pen penfras
October 24, 2018, 7:09am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
I think RHJ is getting an unfair account of his game, yes he almost gave away a goal with a moment of madness, but he was pretty good other than that. Nouble was fast and strong keeping him pushed back and defensively he did well to stop any real threat from that side. His pace allows him to cover for the defence and get back into positions to disrupt attacking players which we didn't have a few weeks ago. There also seem to be far fewer times that the opposition have the ball and run into the box or put easy balls across since both RHJ and Hendrie have been in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
AussieMariner
October 24, 2018, 9:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Abdul19

Thanks for that. Couldn’t really see the detail from the Main and have been looking forward to seeing the replay. Didn’t disappoint. Early candidate for goal of the season?
And great to see the Thomas salute. Keep em coming.
I think he’s quickly becoming a key player for us even without the goals. He seems to attract the ball somehow, and his hold up play is great. With Embleton and Vernam seeming to be developing an understanding the attack is stating to look very dangerous. A few more shots on target and could be exiting times ahead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.