7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
September 30, 2018, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
Those mentioning Zak Mills, did you see Embleton’s goal yesterday? That’s why we let him go.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2018, 7:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jimgtfc
Those mentioning Zak Mills, did you see Embleton’s goal yesterday? That’s why we let him go.

Very true - back-pedalled just like he'd been to Danny Collins back-pedalling school.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
Bigdog
September 30, 2018, 7:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy

Sadly this isn’t true.
Most of them are his men (&women). They have been brainwashed into his way of thinking after years and years of doing things his way. Treating fans as ‘trouble’ and with suspicion, insisting that doing things the way they have always done them is the only way.
Staff and other Directors are with Fenty simply because they can’t be anything else. Anyone who has ever questioned him is ostracised and leave. They know that if Fenty ever left, their own positions would be questioned, reviewed and probably changed. A new broom would /should bring huge change to the way the club is run and a big shake up needed.
No need to discuss individuals but whoever is the person responsible for commercial income needs incentivising with targets and bonuses for increasing income. You go in the office, say on a Thursday morning and there are approx 8 full time staff doing diddlysquat. They may not be paid much but the operation needs streamlining and revolutionising to give value to money, rewarding for successful innovation, and above all be lead with someone who knows that fan engagement is vital and not treated as a dirty buzz word.
The board needs better composition. A marketing and PR professional, a sales person, a football man, to be at least alongside the professional accountant and solicitor.

Above all we desperately need change and new blood & ideas otherwise every manager will continue to live and breathe failure then is in the very fabric of BP

There's people I know who are trying to do good things for the club that think JF is a laughing stock and try to avoid involving him. Everything else you say I completely agree with you. "Project Poundland Football League Club" built on fear and a total lack of ability and acumen and not even backed up by a single penny..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
jonnyboy82
September 30, 2018, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from thevera
Dear John
I realise you are a busy man and must have a lot on your mind at the moment so I hope this doesn’t inconvenience you too much but I have something on my mind that is bothering me.
It is regarding the football club we both love so much. I don’t need to tell you that the Morecambe game was another disappointing day at Blundell Park, one that we are all too familiar with at this moment in time. Is that now 6 successive defeats and something like 5 wins in 20 at BP? I’m sure you’d agree that kind of record is going to test even the most ardent supporters.
Earlier this year you appointed the current manager after a disastrous set of results spelt the end for  Mr Slade.
Results now are very similar and many fans are wanting action , so my plea to you after the current set of results is do not pander to the same old voices, the same old moaners, the same old impatient guys that can’t wait to get to their keyboard when this situation arrives and even contemplate the sacking of Mr Jolley.
Results are bad,confidence is low but it is nowhere as bad as the early part of this year. I do believe you might have appointed a manager that we will be proud of given time. Please, please give him a chance  to prove himself he needs that time.

Dear john.

Yes do not pander the keyboard warriors, leave things as they are and lets see if we can make it 7 defeats on the bounce with one single goal and be rock bottom of the league by next week.

Cheers mucker.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
forza ivano
September 30, 2018, 9:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jimgtfc

That plus the fact that he doesn't pass the ball well enough. In jolleys opinion rhj and Davis ticked far more boxes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
Marinerz93
September 30, 2018, 11:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from thevera
Dear John
I realise you are a busy man and must have a lot on your mind at the moment so I hope this doesn’t inconvenience you too much but I have something on my mind that is bothering me.
It is regarding the football club we both love so much. I don’t need to tell you that the Morecambe game was another disappointing day at Blundell Park, one that we are all too familiar with at this moment in time. Is that now 6 successive defeats and something like 5 wins in 20 at BP? I’m sure you’d agree that kind of record is going to test even the most ardent supporters.
Earlier this year you appointed the current manager after a disastrous set of results spelt the end for  Mr Slade.
Results now are very similar and many fans are wanting action , so my plea to you after the current set of results is do not pander to the same old voices, the same old moaners, the same old impatient guys that can’t wait to get to their keyboard when this situation arrives and even contemplate the sacking of Mr Jolley.
Results are bad,confidence is low but it is nowhere as bad as the early part of this year. I do believe you might have appointed a manager that we will be proud of given time. Please, please give him a chance  to prove himself he needs that time.

Why are results so bad, how does our budget compare to others in this league, you reap what you sow, and how have we fared under Fenty's stewardship, without doubt the worst era in our clubs history, one remaining factor in it all is Fenty, managers and players have been and gone but we are so excrement it's unbelieveable, Fenty has to go, give someone a chance to breathe new life in to the basket case that GTFC has become with him and his yes men running things, also how long have we gone without a chairman. It won't be long before the club changes it name to Poundland FC, that'll suit us playing in non league against the dog and duck who have a bigger budget than us. The club is a joke, a bad one at that, if we drop into non league I doubt many will give Fenty and the club the time of day and it will be longer than 6 years for us to get back.

We are well and truly fcuked if things continue, something has to give, and anyone claiming people are enjoying being angry or raising dissenting voices, you are part of the problem, we've been spoon fed this crap for nigh on 2 decades now, patience has gone we want action one way or the other not the same old same old. If Fenty can't work with others to make this club great again he needs to go and take his bengin debt with him, give the trust it's £200K shares back and never step foot in the boardroom again.

I'm fed up of the constant loser mentality from top to bottom, you want Town to do well, do something about it Fenty otherwise I don't believe you, never in a million years did I think that Scunthorpe and Lincoln would be operating above us with us heading for non league yet again, this is fcuking balderdash and one man running the show and his yes men are directing this club in the direction it is heading. You reap what you sow.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 11:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,786
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Bigdog

There's people I know who are trying to do good things for the club that think JF is a laughing stock and try to avoid involving him. Everything else you say I completely agree with you. "Project Poundland Football League Club" built on fear and a total lack of ability and acumen and not even backed up by a single penny..

I think this is common knowledge that Mr. Fenty finds it difficult to work with others (unless they are hand picked, and not a threat) for the common good.

This can actually be a good trait, if you have the nous and money to drive your vision forward; sadly for us that does not apply in our case.

We are stuck with this never ending decline until he decides to move on.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
fishboyUTM
September 30, 2018, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
I wish it was five wins in twenty home league games. I think it's two wins in about eighteen games? We'll be relegated and deservedly so IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
arryarryarry
September 30, 2018, 11:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from jimgtfc

If you are correct then I fully expect an anouncement from the cub tomorrow to say that Whitmore and Collins have been released.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
gaz57
September 30, 2018, 12:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Bigdog

If JF upped and made a clean break from GTFC today and offered the club up at its actual market value, someone would fill the void, trust me. The problem is his demands and bloody-mindedness. If it took a week or month or two before anyone came in, we could seat a sack of spuds on the chairman's boardroom chair in the meantime. At least it would have no influence in making crass decision after crass decision. It is well known that JF is a laughing stock even within the corridors of BP. With the Town Deal floating around, there is no better time for JF to leave. He has absolutely nothing to offer to push this club forward. Have you been asleep for the past seventeen years?

Roasted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.