8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
September 29, 2018, 4:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
This is now a relegation battle, he did well to keep us up last season but is Jolley looking any better than Slade? I don't think Slade ever lost 6 consecutive games with us did he whilst scoring 1 goal?

The subs made when 2-1 down are pathetic, 2 midfielders on for 2 midfielders, why no Vernam? oh I know why he has gambled on us to grab something by a long throw by Rose, Jolley has to go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 72
Kris2
September 29, 2018, 4:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Davec
This is now a relegation battle, he did well to keep us up last season but is Jolley looking any better than Slade? I don't think Slade ever lost 6 consecutive games with us did he whilst scoring 1 goal?

We just about scraped staying up last season not sure how much longer we can scrape staying as a league team. We scraped staying up and people were running on the pitch acting like we just won the league lol. Shows how used to disappointment we are when fans think barely surviving relegation is worthy of a big celebration.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 72
RoboCod
September 29, 2018, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I can't defend the management and I can't argue against those who say the season so far is manager sacking stuff. I do believe MJ can be a great coach but I do think he's come into the club at the wrong time, the wreckage form Slade that he picked up should have been slowly made into the team he wanted, too much hope hanging on youth, too much 'experience' hindered by ageing legs.

We need two major signings, a Bogle/Hearn type physical presence with an eye for goal and a Nathan Pond type at the back, calm, measured, commanding and SUPER FIT.
Obviously there will be no signings until the basement bin opens in January, imo the only hope is for a major investment and a splash of cash on the board.
Everything about Town currently looks cobbled together, a non-budget attempt to not only run a football club but to keep the pulse going and keep it alive but it's going to die eventually. I see no hope at all this time around.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 72
denni266
September 29, 2018, 4:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Thats it folks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 72
chaos33
September 29, 2018, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from RoboCod
I can't defend the management and I can't argue against those who say the season so far is manager sacking stuff. I do believe MJ can be a great coach but I do think he's come into the club at the wrong time, the wreckage form Slade that he picked up should have been slowly made into the team he wanted, too much hope hanging on youth, too much 'experience' hindered by ageing legs.

We need two major signings, a Bogle/Hearn type physical presence with an eye for goal and a Nathan Pond type at the back, calm, measured, commanding and SUPER FIT.
Obviously there will be no signings until the basement bin opens in January, imo the only hope is for a major investment and a splash of cash on the board.
Everything about Town currently looks cobbled together, a non-budget attempt to not only run a football club but to keep the pulse going and keep it alive but it's going to die eventually. I see no hope at all this time around.

I agree, especially with that last bit. You reap what you sow.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 72
OllieGTFC
September 29, 2018, 5:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Oh max wright scored aswell 😂

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 72
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2018, 5:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Pathetic!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 72
Bigdog
September 29, 2018, 5:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from RoboCod

Was thinking just this while watching the match. Cars parked inside the ground, big green waste bins filled to the gills on open view, decaying rubbish piled between the stands, SLO that doesn't do fans or away games, safety officer who can't control 50 Port Vale, knackered empty seats all in different colours of red, ugly cheap sheeting to segregate away fans. Welcome to a Fenty run club. What chance have we ever got to get things right on the pitch? Poundland owner creating a football club in his own image..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 72
immariner
September 29, 2018, 5:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Can't we sack the players instead?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 72
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2018, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Was thinking just this while watching the match. Cars parked inside the ground, big green waste bins filled to the gills on open view, decaying rubbish piled between the stands, SLO that doesn't do away games, safety officer who can't control 50 Port Vale, knackered empty seats all in different colours of red, ugly cheap sheeting to segregate away fans. Welcome to a Fenty run club. What chance have we ever got to get things right on the pitch? Poundland owner creating a football club in his own image..

This!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.