Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long is 'transition'?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

How long is 'transition'?

This thread currently has 9,599 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
September 2, 2018, 5:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
i think transition should be no more than 10 games if things are not improving by then it’s panic time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 81
StaffsMariner
September 2, 2018, 5:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Yeovil and FGR managers have had at least 5 transfer windows to change their teams.
MJ finished his 1st squad 2 days ago....thats it until January now so we have what we have.
Is the jigsaw complete? it's highly unlikely.
Just get behind the boys as the 12th man. It worked wonders at the end of last season, or was that the Jolley effect? coincidence?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 81
Northbank Mariner
September 2, 2018, 5:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Yoda
i think transition should be no more than 10 games if things are not improving by then it’s panic time.

Take a look at Crystal Palace last season, supposedly in a transitional period under Frank, went 7 games without a point, dumped him, brought in old codger hodgson who went back to basics and the rest is history as they say....I'm not saying sack MJ after 7 games but, this is now his squad and if by xmas we haven't started to pick up some serious points and are playing a more consistent starting 11/level of football I feel for his future...be such a shame though because I honestly believe in this man and his brand of football....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 81
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2018, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Take a look at Crystal Palace last season, supposedly in a transitional period under Frank, went 7 games without a point, dumped him, brought in old codger hodgson who went back to basics and the rest is history as they say....I'm not saying sack MJ after 7 games but, this is now his squad and if by xmas we haven't started to pick up some serious points and are playing a more consistent starting 11/level of football I feel for his future...be such a shame though because I honestly believe in this man and his brand of football....

Proof that there's nothing wrong with an Old Codger.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
September 2, 2018, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
You can’t compare us to FGR as they are being run as a vanity project and have a level of funding and debt way beyond ours.

That is exactly how ours is being run - "vanity on a shoestring but having complete control" would be my take on it.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 81
Northbank Mariner
September 2, 2018, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Proof that there's nothing wrong with an Old Codger.

Many a fine tune played on an old fiddle eh???πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 81
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2018, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Many a fine tune played on an old fiddle eh???πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You'd better ask Mrs Codger!
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 81
ginnywings
September 2, 2018, 5:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I think if you look at Newport, who were on the verge of relegation 2 seasons ago, before appointing a young manager who saved them from the drop, the parallels are very similar. They had a season last year building on that,  finishing 11th with a negative goal difference, and have started this season very well. It's great for a club when a new manager comes in and hits the ground running like Cowley up the road, but it's usually a longer term project than that for most clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
September 2, 2018, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings
I think if you look at Newport, who were on the verge of relegation 2 seasons ago, before appointing a young manager who saved them from the drop, the parallels are very similar. They had a season last year building on that,  finishing 11th with a negative goal difference, and have started this season very well. It's great for a club when a new manager comes in and hits the ground running like Cowley up the road, but it's usually a longer term project than that for most clubs.

I think that is true to a degree, but results play such an important part and most "projects" are cut off at the knees before they have had a chance to get going. Failure to win 6,8 10 games usually signals the end project or no project and of course Jolley will appreciate that.

Like you though, I saw enough against Lincoln and MK to be reasonably confident it won't come to that.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 81
rancido
September 2, 2018, 7:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sadly, when I think of Day & Marley, all I can think of is Stadler & Waldorf - hence my cynicism. I've never met a 'progressive' accountant or solicitor yet.

I liked the line where Stadler said to Waldorf " Are you the old fool there is no fool like ".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long is 'transition'?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.