Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

New Stadium Rumour

This thread currently has 117,807 views. Print
79 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 25, 2018, 10:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
I grew up around the Freemo area and I’d love to see the club move to that part of the Town and breath some life into an area that if something major doesn’t  happen will surely be bulldozed into oblivion.

This would be a great place for a football, sports and community hub but don’t hold your breath as finding the cash to do something worthwhile looks unlikely.

Unless a Town mad Euro Millions winner fancies a go we’re stuck at BP for a good while yet 😩

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 789
friskneymariner
August 25, 2018, 10:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

Your last sentence is just like the stadium - a pipe dream

It actually seems up the entire Fenty reign in one sentence - a normal businessman would surround himself with people who know the ins and out of such matters and take an active but not overwhelming role in the process. However his over inflated  ego simply will not let him.  

Sadly I fear you are right.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 789
grimsby pete
August 25, 2018, 10:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I grew up around the Freemo area and I’d love to see the club move to that part of the Town and breath some life into an area that if something major doesn’t  happen will surely be bulldozed into oblivion.

This would be a great place for a football, sports and community hub but don’t hold your breath as finding the cash to do something worthwhile looks unlikely.

Unless a Town mad Euro Millions winner fancies a go we’re stuck at BP for a good while yet 😩

Mu first job after leaving school in 1963 was as an apprentice bricklayer on the high rise flats,

I can not believe I have lasted longer than them,

So for that reason I would love our new ground to be there,

Among other things.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 789
arryarryarry
August 25, 2018, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
I think it’s a cracking idea, I’ll probably be in the minority though 🙂.

The area isn’t in great shape at the minute and it’ll give it one heck of a boost.

Might go out and buy the white knight, might be worth it. Anyone used to drink in there?

On the odd occasion.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 789
MuddyWaters
August 25, 2018, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
I sent an e-mail to Chris Lewis at Extreme a few weeks ago asking if he thought that 'fan engagement' would help and to suggest that connecting with the long-suffering fans might be of benefit. It's not a surprise but he hasn't bothered to respond.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 789
KingstonMariner
August 25, 2018, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

I'd rather the club pay a rent to the council who would have a vested interest in its success rather than a 30mill bridging loan to a faceless bank. And we've got more chance of a pool of professional people getting the design right rather than the taste of one man who thinks roll necks, chintzy furniture and Sweet Caroline have a place in 2018..

PMSL

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 789
KingstonMariner
August 25, 2018, 10:52pm
Meths Drinker

Does this mean he will wait another 10 years till the council give a decision either way before committing himself to giving BP a lick of paint? Obviously the painting to be done by the man himself to save a few bob.

If he took his head out of the ceiling void in McMenemy's, he might have had more awareness of what was going on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 789
KingstonMariner
August 25, 2018, 10:55pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
Hearing there is to be an announcement in the next few weeks that the new stadium at PP as been shelved and will now be relocated to Freeman street as part of the Councils regeneration plan. Now I’m one of the biggest sceptics that I know and I’m taking this rumour with a massive pinch of salt even though the person that told me was totally convinced.

So is there anyone that comes on here from the Council or the Club that can quash or confirm this rumour because it’s been a hell of a long time since the last update.

Funnily enough, I heard the rumour about Freemo last night. When I asked about the fact that the land was owned by several different parties, the response was 'someone's been buying up the plots. That's why several buildings are still vacant.' I thought it was because there's nobody who wants to invest there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 789
Maringer
August 25, 2018, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Well, I suppose it would be making some positive use of the area. Can't see how the traffic situation could be anything but chaotic though, especially during the summer months when you've got lots of holiday makers coming in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 789
HertsGTFC
August 25, 2018, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I sent an e-mail to Chris Lewis at Extreme a few weeks ago asking if he thought that 'fan engagement' would help and to suggest that connecting with the long-suffering fans might be of benefit. It's not a surprise but he hasn't bothered to respond.

Extreme look like a flashy web site and nothing more to me, it just shows the small time mentality of GTFC that to try and land the biggest off the pitch opportunity we have had in our history we jump into bed with a bunch of party boy opportunists who’ve only ever opened a bag of crisps never mind a football stadium.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 789
79 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.