Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 5:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Garth

I was referring to all past councils going back before the CONOCO adventure, oh and I`m getting on for 80 lol.
if there`s any back slapping and Town Hall celebrity victory meals etc, the council are all over it, other than this there not interested.
You never appreciate what you`ve got till its gone

Fair play to ya, a near 80 yr old using lol...from imperial type writers to modern text talk, you getting down with kids...haha...
On a serious note, I was gutted we lost the great coates site, it had everything for me, superb road links and stick a station in there I'm convinced it would've taken on to another level..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Father Christmas
August 10, 2018, 5:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
We need to get Engie on board, they seem to have a hold over the council. Suggest a few sets of traffic lights down peaks parkway, even get rid of the roundabout. That should get them going 💦💦💦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
friskneymariner
August 10, 2018, 5:46pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
How about getting Dong on board,better not rename the Pontoon the Dong End though.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Northbank Mariner
August 10, 2018, 5:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from friskneymariner
How about getting Dong on board,better not rename the Pontoon the Dong End though.

Could be worse, could always be sponsored by Bell recycling from scunny!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2018, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You know exactly what I mean. The club needs more than a fresh coat of paint here & there. A bit of ambition would be a start.

If you’re that negative about things (and have been for a while) why did you step up as a minor sponsor last season?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
bluerose13x
August 10, 2018, 8:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You know exactly what I mean. The club needs more than a fresh coat of paint here & there. A bit of ambition would be a start.

Dale Vince has publically stated target to get to the Championship .

John Fenty, I would say, would suggest that people need to stop thinking about the past when the Championship is mentioned.

Ambition? We ain't got any at Grimsby.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2018, 9:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from bluerose13x

Dale Vince has publically stated target to get to the Championship .

John Fenty, I would say, would suggest that people need to stop thinking about the past when the Championship is mentioned.

Ambition? We ain't got any at Grimsby.

Check out what Philip Day said at the MJ appointment press conference, I recall he mentioned the C word.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
August 10, 2018, 10:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from HertsGTFC

"Check out what Philip Day said..."

To be fair that was a ludicrous, off the cuff remark from Mr.Day at a one off press conference.

The FGR chairman oozes confidence and arrogance because he knows that money talks, and he has got plenty of it to waste on a vanity project.

He may well get FGR to the Championship but you have to ask why?

Why can't we attract someone like that,who not only could put the money in but would bask in the glory of putting a real football town back on the map?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2018, 11:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I think the sooner we all realise that the new stadium ISNT going to happen the better. It's a load of bullsh1t from the board to the fans to try and keep us on board with supporting the club. Months go on without us hearing anything. Extreme, the company bank rolling the scheme, have got a development already (or near as damn it) sorted in Sheffield that was announced after our new ground! Let's face facts and just get on with what we've got

They bankroll nothing. they're just middlemen. Fixers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
KingstonMariner
August 10, 2018, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

"Check out what Philip Day said..."

To be fair that was a ludicrous, off the cuff remark from Mr.Day at a one off press conference.

The FGR chairman oozes confidence and arrogance because he knows that money talks, and he has got plenty of it to waste on a vanity project.

He may well get FGR to the Championship but you have to ask why?

Why can't we attract someone like that,who not only could put the money in but would bask in the glory of putting a real football town back on the map?

But he's got a ponytail.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.