Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, October 1, 2020, 6:01pm
I see Orient have announced the kick off for our game on the 17th has been put back to 5:30 p.m at our request,  to avoid us having to stay over.

Seems we are getting a bit militant in our old age.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 1, 2020, 6:30pm; Reply: 1
With their Covid  infections and ours I would have thought putting it back to January might have been a better idea
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 1, 2020, 7:47pm; Reply: 2

I didn't find the need to stay over when I went to watch Town get hammered at Chelsea, didn't get back into Cleethorpes till about 4 in the morning though after all the diversions on the motorway on the way back   :o
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 1, 2020, 7:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
I see Orient have announced the kick off for our game on the 17th has been put back to 5:30 p.m at our request,  to avoid us having to stay over.

Seems we are getting a bit militant in our old age.

I presume that is to stop us staying over the night before the game ie travel down on Friday so the players can rest on Saturdays morning.

Whereas putting the match back two and a half hours will allow us a leisurely drive down on the Saturday morning, giving plenty of time in case of problems on the motorways and roads.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 1, 2020, 8:03pm; Reply: 4

I see the Hull game has also been rearranged for a 5:30pm kick-off.

"Our postponed EFL Trophy tie at Hull City has now been rearranged for Tuesday 17th November, with a 5:30pm kick-off.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 1, 2020, 8:09pm; Reply: 5

I presume that is to stop us staying over the night before the game ie travel down on Friday so the players can rest on Saturdays morning.

Whereas putting the match back two and a half hours will allow us a leisurely drive down on the Saturday morning, giving plenty of time in case of problems on the motorways and roads.

Just surprised it has been allowed or accommodated really, i honestly think its a money saving move so are we not gaining a financial advantage over our rivals by doing this , in a season which is going to be make or break for some ?
I imagine we have done it under a move to minimise squad interaction etc in these covid times but we know overnight stops have always been seen as an unnecessary irritation in some quarters.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 1, 2020, 9:24pm; Reply: 6
Could the Hull City 5-30 KO be a way of saving on electric bill
Posted by: Abdul19, October 2, 2020, 1:05pm; Reply: 7
Not sure that would work in mid November
Posted by: Spidey, October 2, 2020, 7:21pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

I didn't find the need to stay over when I went to watch Town get hammered at Chelsea, didn't get back into Cleethorpes till about 4 in the morning though after all the diversions on the motorway on the way back   :o

Same here, parking up in the fast lane of the M1 watching Netflix was a little surreal!!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 3, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Could the Hull City 5-30 KO be a way of saving on electric bill

I know it's only next month but by then it'll be dark by 4-00 PM once the clocks go back later this month, so can't be for that reason  ::)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:10am