Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: gtfc98, November 17, 2014, 1:11pm
Hi John,

Just wondering when you think the club is going to be in a position to release some updated artists impressions of what the new stadium development will look like? I am assuming the design has changed from the images being used from the Great Coates planning application?

I think it will be much easier to gather support from the town when people can see what it's going to look like.

Keep up the good work! UTM
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, November 17, 2014, 2:01pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from gtfc98
Hi John,

Just wondering when you think the club is going to be in a position to release some updated artists impressions of what the new stadium development will look like? I am assuming the design has changed from the images being used from the Great Coates planning application?

I think it will be much easier to gather support from the town when people can see what it's going to look like.

Keep up the good work! UTM

Hi 98. I understand the desire for artist impressions thank you.

We have purposly avoided closing out on the design. For two reasons.

This area is famous for prsenting artist impressions, then nothing happens.

Secondly we want as much community and business inclusion as possible, so it would be premature to design anything in detail just yet.

Over a few hurdles and we will.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 17, 2014, 3:14pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Secondly we want as much community and business inclusion as possible, so it would be premature to design anything in detail just yet.

Good reply !

now lets sign 1 or 2 quality signings in January and win this league !
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, November 17, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Good reply !

now lets sign 1 or 2 quality signings in January and win this league !

You mean like Brodie to upset the apple cart.

Is it broken?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 17, 2014, 4:25pm; Reply: 4

Is it broken?

No its not broken but clubs who get promoted always look to add quality john..

We are one or two "quality " signings from being first not second.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 17, 2014, 4:27pm; Reply: 5
If there's no new players john, an were saving money, any chance of a free ticket for Lincoln at home to celebrate my 40th birthday?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 17, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 6
Got to be honest, I think we are still short of a title winning side.

I think we will make the play offs, and I think we'll have more chance this year as this set of players do seem to have more about them and it won't be easy to attract players better than what we have already. And whether that player is available, wants to come to Town and the deal can be funded I don't know but we won't win the league in my opinion, we won't score enough goals. But John does make a good point about not bringing in the wrong sort of character, but a players character is part of the scouting and just as important as ability, even more so in fact.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 17, 2014, 4:40pm; Reply: 7
With the bench we have at present I dont see point in bringing new players in Jan, if we get an mid term injury or two before end of Jan would bring someone in. Hope Parslow signs in Jan perm though.
Good opening post BTW and great, understandable response from Getyourfactsright. This is why it is good having a JF on here to answer genuine questions.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, November 17, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 8
you could run a competition with local schools 8-9 year olds or something, come up with what they think the new stadium and facilities should be. Winner gets the class a free visit to bp. Just something to get more families behind the idea of relocating
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2014, 4:58pm; Reply: 9
I would love us to sign a striker,

BUT

Having looked at 29 strikers who for one reason or another do not want to come here,

A striker 30th on a the list is bound to be below the standard we want,

So let's go with what we have got and hope Arnold and Neilson can add to their goal tally a bit more,

Plus John Lewis keeps his scoring rate up and reaches the magic 20 mark.
Posted by: acko338, November 17, 2014, 5:03pm; Reply: 10
The important part will be the business partners who, if they get on board, may have distinct ideas on how their facilities will blend in with a football stadium.

With council lack of funding ability, & locals' apathy, this could be a big problem in persuading big firms from coming in to make the site work financially.

Do the club have any primary contacts with the likes of Makro, or other firms that have no current South Bank branches to expand over here?

Could any of the new renewables able to put something into this venture?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 17, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete
I would love us to sign a striker,

BUT

Having looked at 29 strikers who for one reason or another do not want to come here,

A striker 30th on a the list is bound to be below the standard we want,

So let's go with what we have got and hope Arnold and Neilson can add to their goal tally a bit more,

Plus John Lewis keeps his scoring rate up and reaches the magic 20 mark.

To be fair, I think that's the key. We need the lads who play wide of LJL to get closer to him when we've got the ball and get on the scoresheet themselves. Jack hasn't scored yet in 18 games, Neilson on the other side carries a threat but hasn't got too many. I think Arnold will be preferred either side of LJL as he does look dangerous. If we can get the front three actually playing as a front three then we'll be fine. PH is adamant we are playing a 4-3-3 and I'm sure he instructs them to play as forwards but the message isn't getting though. We could also do with a threat from central midfield. If we have three in there, depending on the situtation we could have two breaking past the opponents defence. I really do think this is key to our success. If we can crack this, we will be challenging without any doubt and we won't need to bring anyone else in.
Posted by: gtfc98, November 17, 2014, 5:13pm; Reply: 12

Thanks John that makes perfect sense.
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 17, 2014, 5:41pm; Reply: 13
Get Brown and Pitman properly fit and Town have got as good a squad as any club in this league. I believe that PH is trying to achieve this (to his credit), with the considerable help of the backroom staff of course.

Once this is achieved, our goal scoring threat, with the interaction  of the rest of the team is much enhanced.

UTM
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 17, 2014, 5:43pm; Reply: 14
Unless we have a severe dip in form  or a bad run of injurys  i wouldnt consider any signings . We have a Great squad with 3/4 good players sat in the stands . Quality rather than quantity then you havnt got players moping about the place because they arnt in the squad . So unless we are looking to off load anyone in January i really hope we leave well alone .....................
Posted by: Garth, November 17, 2014, 6:22pm; Reply: 15
At the moment you have players of the caliber  of Pitman, Hannah, Brown and Neilson busting a gut to be regular starters, a new signing would have to be better off the mark or there would be trouble at mill
Posted by: acko338, November 17, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 16
Keep players fit, avoid stupid bookings & hence suspensions, defend higher up the park, and change the side slightly when needed, according to how physical and rough we know that the opposition play.

We now have adaptable players who can cover other positions well, and ready to play when needed.

Not happy with loads of 1-0's but will take them all season if we get promoted !

Key players who need to be fit  - Pittman, Arnold now, obviously with his goal scoring coming through, and Brown, to regain full fitness and bad attitude to opponents.

The two centre halves need to resist getting another huge collection of bookings - make bookings for dissent fine-able - no excuse - send up the captain to argue with the useless refs we get !

Definitely think that a holding midfielder suits the current squad style of play, and Parslow is ideal doing that role.

Neilsen and Hannah seem to be the odd ones out in the current formations, but they will both have their chances from now to the end of the season.

I take it that Corby Town didn't play the offside trap; ??

Oh, .... and 2 whole points dropped out of the last 18.. ???

Sack the management.. gone soft after his manager of the month award !!!   ;D
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 17, 2014, 7:29pm; Reply: 17
Is it broken?

Certainly makes me wonder if this is a very good question when Pittman is available from the bench.
Posted by: Meza, November 17, 2014, 8:14pm; Reply: 18

Is it broken?

Hi John how confident are we in getting Hamish signed.  Any ideas what the stubbling block is.  Is it because he hasn't played for his country on a regular basis?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 18, 2014, 9:54am; Reply: 19

Is it broken?

love the sense of humor John.

it isn't broken, but its very close to being perfect.

i would love to see us go for someone who is already doing very well in this league already

Scott Rendell - record wasn't bad at luton, scored some big goals (Norwich), now doing wonders at a very impressive woking team.

Harry Beautyman - best player on the pitch at BP this season, scored 8 already from a wide position.

Guiseppe Sole - Another good player for woking, looked impressive on the television against a poor Halifax team at the weekend.

Adelakun - Scunthorpe youngster, watched Scunthorpe Youth vs Grimsby Youth last season at Scunthorpe and he was unplayable, very good player but spends most of the time on the bench.

Billy Kee - Very long shot, but what we got to lose ? he just sat warming bench at Scunthorpe
Posted by: RichMariner, November 18, 2014, 11:30am; Reply: 20
Is that where Key is now? Had no idea.

He's scored goals at Accrington and Burton, and is still relatively young. Always caught my eye on the Football League Show.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 18, 2014, 4:37pm; Reply: 21
It might be worth getting Kee on  a moths loan and see how it works,

That's if Scunny do not want him.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 18, 2014, 9:57pm; Reply: 22
Never mind the pictures, how much is it going to cost and how much extra money needs to be found to pay for it?
Posted by: Jaws, November 18, 2014, 11:02pm; Reply: 23
Just pick any stadium and put a full length swimming pool/leisure centre. Job's a good'un.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 3:16pm