Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 28, 2014, 11:54am
Sold approx 1200 leaving just 600 left.  Come on guys and girls, lets make the effort. Whatever happens on Sat we now know that we have the capability to claim our annual 3 points from theirs.  Lets fill the away end as usual and show the new signings just how vocal we can really be.

COME ON YOU MARINERS
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 28, 2014, 1:07pm; Reply: 1
Me + 4 :) come on town!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 28, 2014, 5:02pm; Reply: 2
Another win on Saturday and we will see them gone by Tuesday.
Posted by: sapper mariner, August 28, 2014, 6:34pm; Reply: 3
if anyone wants to pay for flights from Germany otherwise its the radio for me
Posted by: Happy_Mariner, August 28, 2014, 6:47pm; Reply: 4
Are they on general sale now? Also anybody know if they'll post away tickets as I live out of town.
Posted by: mariner tommy, August 28, 2014, 6:51pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Happy_Mariner
Are they on general sale now? Also anybody know if they'll post away tickets as I live out of town.

Yes they are, and yes they will.

UTM
Posted by: fl3tch5, August 29, 2014, 11:08am; Reply: 6
Does anyone know.... Last year we was pritty much all the way on the left hand side if you was sat in the stand and view wasn't good and no Lincoln fan could see me sticking my fingers up, this year we got seats 116-119, anyone know how far along that is?
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 29, 2014, 12:51pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last
Sold approx 1200 leaving just 600 left.  Come on guys and girls, lets make the effort. Whatever happens on Sat we now know that we have the capability to claim our annual 3 points from theirs.  Lets fill the away end as usual and show the new signings just how vocal we can really be.

COME ON YOU MARINERS

Yes, I agree with this! If I was in the UK I would be there but I also agree that another good win on Saturday will see the tickets fly out like the proverbial hotcakes!

Up the mighty Mariners!
Posted by: GyMariner, August 29, 2014, 2:51pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from fl3tch5
Does anyone know.... Last year we was pritty much all the way on the left hand side if you was sat in the stand and view wasn't good and no Lincoln fan could see me sticking my fingers up, this year we got seats 116-119, anyone know how far along that is?

800 left as of today, I'm next to you! Would also like to know where our sheets are, hoping the Lincoln end!!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 29, 2014, 3:35pm; Reply: 9
Our seat numbers were a low number last year, (twenty something seems to ring a bell), and that was nearer the coop stand
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 29, 2014, 3:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GyMariner

800 left as of today, I'm next to you! Would also like to know where our sheets are, hoping the Lincoln end!!

I remember my seats were around 110-120 last season and they were very close to the Lincolnshire Echo side of the Stacey West stand.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 29, 2014, 4:56pm; Reply: 11
500 tickets left as of 9am today
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, August 29, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from fl3tch5

i got one of the last tickets last year and was far left right at the top, was 120 somthing i think, ive still got the ticket somewere, will see if i can find it
Posted by: GyMariner, August 29, 2014, 5:55pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
500 tickets left as of 9am today

They told me 800 at 1pm
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2014, 6:02pm; Reply: 14
Bit of a longshot but worth a go:

Is there anyone on here going to Lincoln from the RAF Marham/King's Lynn/Norfolk area who would be able to provide me a lift or vice versa?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 29, 2014, 6:33pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GyMariner

They told me 800 at 1pm

ok strange  :-/

how on earth can lincoln afford to lose this kind of money?

800 x £16 = £12,800 they've lost so far, not to include programme and pie sales.

FOOLS!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 29, 2014, 6:37pm; Reply: 16

800 x £16 = £12,800 they've lost so far, not to include programme and pie sales.

FOOLS!

Lose what money Ronnie?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 29, 2014, 6:40pm; Reply: 17

FOOLS!

We still have a week and a half to go. If we win tomorrow then I expect us to sell out next week.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 29, 2014, 10:12pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from LH
Bit of a longshot but worth a go:

Is there anyone on here going to Lincoln from the RAF Marham/King's Lynn/Norfolk area who would be able to provide me a lift or vice versa?

Marham is a hole, you have my sympathy Leon.  The only good thing is it's Partridge country A47, cone trac  ;D

Posted by: LH, August 29, 2014, 10:17pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Marinerz93

Marham Norfolk is a hole, you have my sympathy Leon.  The only good thing is it's Partridge country A47, cone trac  ;D

I've been saying it for months but it's not for long now - one way or the other.
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2014, 10:19pm; Reply: 20
What sort of government would allow it's troops to live in such holes as Lossiemouth and Marham by the way? Assad, Hussein, Gaddafi etc are supposedly the evil ones.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 29, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from LH
What sort of government would allow it's troops to live in such holes as Lossiemouth and Marham by the way? Assad, Hussein, Gaddafi etc are supposedly the evil ones.

If you can't take the sh1t
Don't draw the kit.

fking lightweights  

And thread hijackers to boot  >:(
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 22
I would happily hand it all back and move on with my life but the male masturbators won't let me.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 29, 2014, 10:41pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from 1739

We still have a week and a half to go. If we win tomorrow then I expect us to sell out next week.

True, but even if they don't sell out they've made a loss IMO, can't see alfreton bringing that many more than what they'd do any other time, especially if they are still languishing at the bottom.

On a lighter note however I hope they do sell out, loved the Lincoln away end atmosphere the last 3 seasons :)

UTM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 29, 2014, 11:10pm; Reply: 24

On a lighter note however I hope they do sell out, loved the Lincoln away end atmosphere the last 3 seasons :)

UTM

The last 2 away atmospheres against them have been really poor. Town fans were silent last year and we didn't make much noise the year before in the 4-1 win. The game were we came from 1-0 down to win 1-2 we made a racket.
Posted by: Billybigbollox, August 29, 2014, 11:38pm; Reply: 25
Which stand are we in this year ??

UTM
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 30, 2014, 12:24am; Reply: 26
Stacey West behind the goal
We have 76 &77 so thats close to the goal
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 30, 2014, 12:51am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Civvy at last

If you can't take the sh1t
Don't draw the kit.

fking lightweights  

And thread hijackers to boot  >:(

All right Captain Redbeard Rum ;)  [IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/301lru8.jpg[/IMG]

[youtube]_EfW9znJYjw[/youtube]
Posted by: aldi_01, August 30, 2014, 7:34am; Reply: 28
Seat numbers were irrelevant last year anyway, mine was somewhere near the top left corner and ended up stood in the first few rows right behind the goal. Does it actually matter, get your ticket and get in...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 30, 2014, 7:52am; Reply: 29
Agree that it was sh1t atmosphere last year.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 30, 2014, 9:42am; Reply: 30
Atmosphere could be better this year as Lincoln have improved form in the league. The 2-1 was decent because it was the first in a while and the last two seasons, Lincoln's form has been very poor when we've played them resulting poor turnouts from their fans. You need a good home crowd to make it a good derby day.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 31, 2014, 4:36pm; Reply: 31
Actually looking forward to the night game atmosphere at Sincil Bank, , well the atmosphere from us lot! Should make a change from the usual BD trip. Come on fellow Town Fans , , loud n proud and lets show them who is the pride of Lincolnshire.  UTMM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 31, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 32
Let's hope we can sell out. We  will hopefully hear on how many tickets we have sold before Wednesday.
Posted by: easypeersy, September 1, 2014, 11:24am; Reply: 33
Me n' little Jessie are gonna go if there are tickets left by Saturday!
Posted by: Trawler, September 1, 2014, 12:26pm; Reply: 34
400 left
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 3, 2014, 5:11pm; Reply: 35
250 left at 2 o'clock. They will be gone on Saturday I reckon.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 3, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 36
fantastic effort to sell out (once again) i for one cant wait for it! cant make saturday so hopefully we get a win to spur us onto tuesday! UTM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 3, 2014, 7:43pm; Reply: 37
We still have got 200+ tickets to shift yet but I reckon we will shift them. If we do sell out before Saturday then it wouldn't surprise me if we got given an extra 200 tickets. It wouldn't be a problem as the Stacey west hold 2000 and we have only been given 1800. We had a whole section of seats empty last year in the away end which can be used if we do want more.
Posted by: Tom13, September 3, 2014, 8:45pm; Reply: 38
If we play well on Saturday I'd expect them to go straight after the game, although this being Town I'll expect us to grind out a 0-0 or 1-0!
Posted by: Grimal, September 3, 2014, 11:44pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from 1739
250 left at 2 o'clock. They will be gone on Saturday I reckon.

Thats strange I got my ticket today at 1.55pm and they told me there was 250 left ,something wrong should have only been 249 left at 2pm. ;).

Posted by: Biccys, September 4, 2014, 10:55am; Reply: 40
I'll be in the wilds of deepest Scotland on tuesday night so I expect a full and thorough match thread..... (I don't think they have mobile internet up there yet so can't rely on the TuneIn radio app.)
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 4, 2014, 11:05am; Reply: 41
Just got mine! Travelling from Northampton to Silly Bank, , , COME ON TOWN!!!!

A nice few goals on Saturday and we could be asking for a few more tickets, , be ace to have 2,000 there on a Tuesday night.
Posted by: easypeersy, September 4, 2014, 1:11pm; Reply: 42
Got mine today. Running out but Lincoln may give us more. Come on let's get 2200 in there.
I reckon Lincoln will only bring 500 to us!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 4, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 43
We will most likely be given an extra 200 in the stacey west if we do sell out before Saturday but after that I can't see where they would put town fans. I don't think we will need anymore to be honest.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 4, 2014, 8:15pm; Reply: 44
Lincoln are looking at increasing the home support by putting on free Disney type like rides...

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/t6cshe.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: moosey_club, September 5, 2014, 8:43am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93
Lincoln are looking at increasing the home support by putting on free Disney type like rides...

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/t6cshe.gif[/IMG]

That is actually one of the astronaut test facilities at the Lincolnshire Organisation for Space Education and Research.  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, September 5, 2014, 9:37am; Reply: 46
Went for my tickets this morning, and asked how many were left, was told 168
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 5, 2014, 4:19pm; Reply: 47
Less than 150 left at 9 o'clock. I reckon they will go in the morning.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 6, 2014, 11:24am; Reply: 48
All gone yet??
Posted by: Sconeboy, September 6, 2014, 2:47pm; Reply: 49
Just seen in the office, must have had just a handful on the desk! Guess about 50?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 6, 2014, 5:33pm; Reply: 50
Any update on whether they are all gone?
Posted by: easypeersy, September 6, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 51
Never mind Lincoln! How many we taking to Halifax. That is a MUST win game and we need 1500 supporters there.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 6, 2014, 8:00pm; Reply: 52
Why are people saying we've sold 2000 tickets when we weren't sent that many.
Wasn't it about 1800 tickets
Posted by: marinerjase, September 6, 2014, 8:02pm; Reply: 53
A MUST win game...in September? really???
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 6, 2014, 9:20pm; Reply: 54
Every game is a must win game if we want to guarantee promotion
Posted by: immariner, September 7, 2014, 11:43am; Reply: 55
Club shop open today? There will be a number of people who would quite like an update on tickets.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 7, 2014, 12:09pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from immariner
Club shop open today? There will be a number of people who would quite like an update on tickets.

I don't think it is open on Sundays. Although an update from the club would be nice.
Posted by: immariner, September 7, 2014, 12:42pm; Reply: 57
I didn't think so GF. I gave the club a call anyway but phone just rang out (a professional business really should have an automated message if the office isn't open but there you go). I have 3 family members waiting to find out if they have sold out.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 7, 2014, 1:06pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from immariner
I didn't think so GF. I gave the club a call anyway but phone just rang out (a professional business really should have an automated message if the office isn't open but there you go). I have 3 family members waiting to find out if they have sold out.

It would take 10 seconds to log onto Grimsby Towns twitter account and say we have sold out or we still have x amount of tickets left.
Posted by: Tommy, September 7, 2014, 1:35pm; Reply: 59
SOLD OUT

Source: Club's Twitter
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 7, 2014, 1:53pm; Reply: 60
Go on lincoln, give us the whole 1935 capacity of the stacey west.  I don't know why they need to leave them 150 seats empty when there is a 10 foot steel door separating the away fans and home fans, on top of the 50 stewards and police officers.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, September 7, 2014, 3:23pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from 1739
Go on lincoln, give us the whole 1935 capacity of the stacey west.  I don't know why they need to leave them 150 seats empty when there is a 10 foot steel door separating the away fans and home fans, on top of the 50 stewards and police officers.

Really looking forward to tues .
UTM
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 7, 2014, 4:09pm; Reply: 62
I bet we could have more fan than them there if they had given us more! Bet they only bring about 450 to us after Xmas.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 7, 2014, 4:13pm; Reply: 63
I have seen people on Facebook and twitter asking for tickets. I hope the club request for the 150 or so left in the stacey west.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 7, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from 1739
I have seen people on Facebook and twitter asking for tickets. I hope the club request for the 150 or so left in the stacey west.

Tbf people without tickets only have themselves to blame since they've been on general sale for ages.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 7, 2014, 5:05pm; Reply: 65
One of the reasons Lincoln wanted the game moving was because of the cost of policing the game on a bank holiday. What they haven't figured is that whether it's Boxing Day, this week or sometime in March, we would always sell our allocation and the police will still over staff thus costing Lincoln a lot of cash.

Nobody wants to see nearly as many if not more away fans in their ground but surely they should just given us every seat in that stand, not nearly all of them and leaving a block for 'segregation' even though there's several blockages between the fans anyway.

Either way, fair play to town fans once again, just a shame for all involved that we'll see a Lincoln side kick us off the park and that the Halifax game the following week isn't a Saturday. That'd certainly have pushed a similar following from here had it new and day time KO.
Posted by: KK_DOG, September 7, 2014, 6:45pm; Reply: 66
I'm after  2 adult tickets if anyone finds they can't go, please PM me. Thanks
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 7, 2014, 7:22pm; Reply: 67
Stupid really they don't give us more, , cos the Town fans who haven't got a ticket in the away end will just turn up on the night and go in the home end.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 7, 2014, 7:28pm; Reply: 68
If you go in the home end and explain there has been a misunderstanding to the stewards then they will put you in the away end. The last thing they will want is Town fans in the home end especially if we score.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 7, 2014, 7:31pm; Reply: 69
Great effort from all! Cya at the bank!
Posted by: highcliff mariner, September 8, 2014, 1:47pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Chrisblor

Tbf people without tickets only have themselves to blame since they've been on general sale for ages.

To be even fairer, if there are more people wanting tkts than there are tkts available , how can they only have themselves to blame ?
Posted by: GyMariner, September 8, 2014, 2:18pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from highcliff mariner

To be even fairer, if there are more people wanting tkts than there are tkts available , how can they only have themselves to blame ?

They've been on sale for weeks so anyone that wanted one that badly could have very easily got one, including exiles and non season ticket holders.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 8, 2014, 2:44pm; Reply: 72
"GF", "Lincoln don't want Town fans in the home-end especially if we score".  "You mean "when we score?" ;D
Posted by: highcliff mariner, September 8, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from GyMariner

They've been on sale for weeks so anyone that wanted one that badly could have very easily got one, including exiles and non season ticket holders.

i agree , but if demand outstrips supply , the customers that miss out are hardly to blame , are they ?

Anyway lookin forward to a good night UTM
Posted by: KK_DOG, September 8, 2014, 6:27pm; Reply: 74
I will be in the home end, and I won't be able to help myself when we score. If the Lincoln fans don't like it then, "tough" they will have to get over it. It's a game of football and I won't be causing any trouble. I would rather be in with the town fans but I could only confirm that I could go on Sunday which was not my fault. Looking very much forward to it.
Posted by: Belfast Town, September 8, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from KK_DOG
I will be in the home end, and I won't be able to help myself when we score. If the Lincoln fans don't like it then, "tough" they will have to get over it. It's a game of football and I won't be causing any trouble. I would rather be in with the town fans but I could only confirm that I could go on Sunday which was not my fault. Looking very much forward to it.

Top person. I'd do the same myself, if I could get there.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 8, 2014, 9:12pm; Reply: 76
Last year on Boxing Day, my brother and I paid cash on the gate and went in the Lincolnshire Co-Op Stand; no dramas.  It was a great sight to see all the mayhem unfolding in the away end when we scored, whilst simultaneously listening to the glum gimps berating their team!  Couldn't help jumping up and yelling "Dirty illegitimate" as their red card challenge went in at the end though!

If you haven't got a ticket, my advice would be to go in the Lincoln end , bite your lip and enjoy the match, then cheer us off the pitch at the end as we did.  Watching your team from the "wrong end" is one of those football fan experiences everyone should have at some point.  Just don't go in with their morons; stick to the stand where the rugs, flasks and Werther's Originals go, and you'll be OK.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 8, 2014, 9:44pm; Reply: 77
They will put any town fans who  gets a ticket in the home end in the away end. A few blokes last year sat in the home end and went up to a steward and explained that they supported Grimsby and that 'there had been a misunderstanding' (which there hadn't) and they put them in the Stacey west straight away. There are 150 seats empty so if you turn up on the day and get into the ground its not like they will refuse you entry to the away end. This could have probably been avoided if they had gave us those extra 150 seats but common sense doesn't prevail when it comes to football.
Posted by: easypeersy, September 8, 2014, 10:43pm; Reply: 78
I sat in with the home crowd on Boxing Day two years ago with my daughter who was only 12 at the time. It was brilliant. We saw the Mariners fans celebrating  and it was an awesome sight.
Two old hags behind us were moaning all the way through the match and saying what they would do if they found any Town fans in their stand. My daughter and Imhad a right  good chuckle!
Print page generated: March 19, 2024, 5:34am