Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Harrogate A
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Match Thread Harrogate A

This thread currently has 17,034 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 9, 2024, 10:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,757
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from ginnywings
Bright spot is that both Colchester and FGR lost, so still 5 points clear and the games are running out. We are actually slightly better off despite losing.

Just seems like Deja-vu, when we are in L2 we seem to spend the majority of our time frantically searching for other teams results as we struggle to maintain EFL status. The pain of supporting town seems never ending and the ups are now so infrequent it’s hard to keep dragging yourself along to watch. Think I will be giving a season ticket a miss next year and be selective of when I attend. Amazing in that I think I have missed five home games this season and we’ve won four of them, says a lot about the quality of my support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 191
HertsGTFC
April 9, 2024, 10:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from grimps
Sutton away to Harrogate on Saturday, I reckon they’ll get something

I’m more concerned about Sutton’s last game at MK Dons if the franchise can only make the play offs.

The earliest I can see this being resolved is when we play Swindon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 191
wuffing
April 9, 2024, 10:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
Ubikwu goal definitely offside. Holohan second half sitter miss was the draw. We need more composure on ball and just not bloody give the ball away every other move with urine poor passing. If we survive - and given the chance - pre next season will make - or break DA!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 191
RonMariner
April 9, 2024, 10:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,774
Gold Stars: 226
Got to be odds on that Wrexham will beat Fgr on Saturday so they will be out of the picture as far as we are concerned. So we need to stay ahead of Sutton.

Tough game for us on Saturday so we need Harrogate to do the business against Sutton otherwise we will still be looking over our shoulder. We might need a point at Colchester and to beat Swindon to be really sure of safety baring a huge turnaround in goal diff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 191
bawarmy
April 9, 2024, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mappers
Even though we lost it was a good night and put us in a stronger position , in terms of other results for us

FGR now have to win every game to go above us assuming we lose every game

Colchester won't be ahead of us before the game next Tuesday .

And Sutton have to effectively win 2 out of 3 to have any chance even if we only got 1 more point .

We are a group of grafters but seems to struggle beyond that - Harrogate seem a decent team tbf and you would hope we can get to a level similiar next season at least  and hopefully quite a bit more as they are probably as 'mid table' as they come ; it's a benchmark I guess .

Looking at this Saturday’s fixtures, I’m not sure we will win but dare I say there’s not many points coming our rivals way either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 191
louth_in_the_south
April 9, 2024, 10:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from wuffing
Ubikwu goal definitely offside. Holohan second half sitter miss was the draw. We need more composure on ball and just not bloody give the ball away every other move with urine poor passing. If we survive - and given the chance - pre next season will make - or break DA!

I have little belief the DA will turn this club around. I think we’ve gone backwards under his management. And that takes some doing.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 191
MuddyWaters
April 9, 2024, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
My only thought is that we are crawling towards safety and that a large percentage of this squad will hopefully not be with us next season. We are pretty hopeless going forward.
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 191
HertsGTFC
April 9, 2024, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I have little belief the DA will turn this club around. I think we’ve gone backwards under his management. And that takes some doing.

Though I’ve been back & forth on this and reckon up until & including Donny he was a bit idealistic it’s clear the squad Hurst left behind was way off.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 191
Mikey_345
April 9, 2024, 10:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,502
Gold Stars: 107
Seen a lot of Harrogate have nothing to play for, they’re currently 4 points outside the play offs.

A positive of Sutton going there Saturday is now Harrogate have an outside sniff and will be desperate for three points.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 191
promotion plaice
April 9, 2024, 10:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200

Anyone getting depressed following Town? yet I think we will survive by the skin of our teeth.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 191
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Harrogate A

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.