Mappers
April 8, 2024, 9:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,392
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Meza
Definately not Halifax, fans always seems to be at their worse whenever we play there lol.

+ Maxi would be certain to bag at least 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
Meza
April 8, 2024, 9:51pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Mappers

+ Maxi would be certain to bag at least 1

Yeah he got a brace on Saturday i think.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
RichMariner
April 8, 2024, 9:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,145
Gold Stars: 209
Yeah, I think we need to see the back of Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield. They've had the cash this season, so let's get them gone.

MK in the play-offs but, like others have said, it's hard to want them to achieve any kind of success.

I think Chesterfield will be competitive next season, no matter what. Always thought that Cook is a good manager and went below his status to manage them again.

I re-watched ATAW recently and it still hurts how we didn't make more of an effort to keep that squad together. They had a team spirit and momentum that money couldn't buy.

If I were to pass advice onto Chesterfield, which I wouldn't want to really, it'd be to push the boat out on keeping a winning squad together. Every bit of it. It would've been fascinating to know just how far that momentum could've taken us in L2 if we'd signed Mani, kept Fox, etc.

I don't know how much money we 'saved' by letting Fox go to Northampton, but I reckon we've spent more on midfielders since to patch up the hole he left.

Appreciate he got injured straight away at Northampton, but we've been crying out for a Mani-type player ever since we relied wholly on a crocked Taylor.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
lukeo
April 9, 2024, 4:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
Spare a thought for the Southern exiles...if FGR and Sutton go as well as the teams who may well be coming down from League 1 this league has a big number of Northern clubs and it makes it difficult to get to nearly as many games as previous seasons (remember last season Orient, Stevenage and Northampton all got promoted).

I get that the vast majority of Town fans benefit but a small number of us get to see our team even less.

But I'll live with it if we avoid relegation. UTM.

This. Not so long ago I had 6-7+ games within 2hrs. Next season that could go down to only 1 or 2
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
lukeo
April 9, 2024, 4:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
Oh and Tranmere away for me was my worst ever moment.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Madeleymariner
April 9, 2024, 8:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Need Port Fale to drop down, just up the road for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 9, 2024, 8:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from grimps

You might get Barnet and that’s always been a decent away day for all of us

I’m not sure that Barnet will make it but they have a real feel good factor after announcing they plan to move back to Underhill.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
jamesgtfc
April 9, 2024, 8:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,027
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from RichMariner
Yeah, I think we need to see the back of Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield. They've had the cash this season, so let's get them gone.

MK in the play-offs but, like others have said, it's hard to want them to achieve any kind of success.

I think Chesterfield will be competitive next season, no matter what. Always thought that Cook is a good manager and went below his status to manage them again.

I re-watched ATAW recently and it still hurts how we didn't make more of an effort to keep that squad together. They had a team spirit and momentum that money couldn't buy.

If I were to pass advice onto Chesterfield, which I wouldn't want to really, it'd be to push the boat out on keeping a winning squad together. Every bit of it. It would've been fascinating to know just how far that momentum could've taken us in L2 if we'd signed Mani, kept Fox, etc.

I don't know how much money we 'saved' by letting Fox go to Northampton, but I reckon we've spent more on midfielders since to patch up the hole he left.

Appreciate he got injured straight away at Northampton, but we've been crying out for a Mani-type player ever since we relied wholly on a crocked Taylor.

Fox may not have got injured if he stayed as all the variables would have been totally different, but it was rumoured that Northampton completely blew our offer out of the water so I'm not sure that was a fight we could have realistically won.

We finished 6th on 77 points, 17 points behind Stockport. We didn't offer Mani a deal because Hurst couldn't guarantee him games, but Taylor then got injured and it proved to be a season too far for him. In hindsight, Mani would have had plenty of opportunities last season.

The biggest criticism isn't our transfer business that summer, which had the mitigating circumstances of us being back in pre-season training 3 weeks after getting promoted, it's our transfer business last summer that we need to learn from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 9, 2024, 9:16am
Champagne Drinker
We also have to remember that Fox came to us off the back of missing a lot of games due to injury and he was effectively 'using us' to prove his fitness and that he could play at a higher level again. The fact that he did that in spades and got a move that benefitted everyone seems like a smart move by Town, financially.

As well as not keeping Mani I was a bit surprised Abrahams was allowed to go - he and Mani looked like a potentially useful combination that, while not technically gifted, were a handful for defenders.

I fully accept though that his record since leaving us would suggest that Hurst knew what he was doing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 9, 2024, 9:18am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
Oh and Tranmere away for me was my worst ever moment.

You must be very young if that is your worst ever experience of supporting Town...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Who’s coming down from League one

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.