3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
wuffing
April 2, 2024, 3:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +849
Gold Stars: 40
Cometh the hour, cometh the man: VERNAM. From what I saw when he came on at Barrow; terrified them in the last ten minutes. He was quick, direct and confident and may well be our saviour in the run-in....if he gets picked?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
golfer
April 2, 2024, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
We are either not fit or we don't let the ball do the work. Last year for example Clifton ran and ran and ran, this year he's sh.agged at half time - something is wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
mariner91
April 2, 2024, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from GollyGTFC

What I've noticed about that list is 7 of those were under Hurst and 8 were under Artell. So little has changed. We're still so mentally weak.

Not that surprising when you think that five of our back six from the second half yesterday get relegated last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2024, 6:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91

Not that surprising when you think that five of our back six from the second half yesterday get relegated last season.

Add to that a starting line up with 2 young loan players who look to have talent but are pretty green, a bench with limited game time recently and our nest player returning from a few games out.

I also though yesterday you thought Hurst would have learned his lesson when he signed  Berret and Summerfield from York who had just been relegated, though I liked Summerfield's work rate & attitude neither where good enough.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
TonySmith
April 2, 2024, 7:08pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
   Points lost after scoring opening goal : 32

Points gained after conceding opening goal : 5

Thanks for figuring this out. those facts tell quite a story! I knew this had happened over and over again, but I didn't realize the difference would be quite as stark as that.

How can you expect to win football matches when you very rarely score more than a single goal? You can't expect to keep a clean sheet and win 1-0 very often. Other teams are well aware that even if they go behind against us, they are very likely to come back to take points.

I agree with the thread title. This indeed is our biggest issue and has been all season. Consistent goal scorers are expensive, but the lack of one can be much more expensive in the long run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Maringer
April 2, 2024, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,660
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from golfer
We are either not fit or we don't let the ball do the work. Last year for example Clifton ran and ran and ran, this year he's sh.agged at half time - something is wrong.

Pearson mentioned something about a knee injury for Clifton that he's been struggling with? Could well go some way to explaining why he has been so far below par for much of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
dicko995
April 2, 2024, 7:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 25
Wat a fking waste of reading etc. Were going down, get over it, manager and team are shite, were back to where we belong, and well deserved, bad signings, bad management etc. So stop all the topics on all of this, just accept it, geez
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
RonMariner
April 2, 2024, 7:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from TonySmith

Consistent goal scorers are expensive, but the lack of one can be much more expensive in the long run.

We could worse than sign that lad banging them in for Crawley.....oh wait, we got rid him. What a stupid decison that was.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Our biggest issue

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.