Operation Survival

This thread currently has 6,058 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 4, 2024, 2:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Mappers
The team need to keep calm and play with the same desire as against Bradford .

I don't think it's win or bust yet myself but a case of keeping the points ticking over - for me 2 or 3 points from the next 2 would be satisfactory anything else is a bonus - we have a decent shot of a draw at Harrogate you would have thought  . We would then only need 1 win and a draw maximum probably from 4 .

I think you're a bit optimistic about Harrogate; right now they're 4 points off the play offs and will be thinking they'll have a chance. If they win at the weekend they will probably view us as a good opportunity to keep the impetus going. If they get beaten at the weekend they may view the world differently.

Our best chance for points is Newport on Saturday: pretty much guaranteed a mid table finish, inconsistent generally and particularly inconsistent away from home.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
RonMariner
April 4, 2024, 7:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
Swindon are pretty poor, and now have nothing to play for. Getting 3 points from that game probably means that 3 from our other 5 games might well be enough given FGR and Suttons remaining fixtures.  So a win on Saturday will really put us in a strong position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
Zmariner
April 5, 2024, 8:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
The problem is that based on the last couple of games, we are the team on poor form and we do not win many. We are stubborn but we need to win games. Do we try and hang on for grim death or go for it. Difficult to know, but the points will be a lot easier to get in the next couple of games before the huge pressure ratchets up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
diehardmariner
April 5, 2024, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,668
Gold Stars: 540
Not sure how much weight the form table holds at this stage of the season, too many teams on the beach early and then you add the Bank Holiday double to the mix which always throws up odd results.

Oldest cliché in the book but it's one game at a time.  We beat Newport and we've done our bit for the day.  Hopefully Stockport, MK Dons and Wrexham do us a favour at this time.

On paper alone though this is a huge opportunity.  Our 3 relegation rivals (can't believe I'm saying that, again) playing three of the top four as we entertain a side out of form and with little to play for other than pride.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 5, 2024, 11:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 181
Looking at the games that each of the bottom 4 play tomorrow, would a point be a bad result? We have, on paper the easiest of games but I wouldn’t be expecting any team just to go through the motions if they’ve nothing to play for.

How many times has anyone been to a ‘dead rubber’ of a game but still wanting town to win? I’d say it’d be 100% of them. Players will no doubt be putting a shift in If out of contract and then there’s win bonus’, clean sheet bonus’ and just out of respect, wanting to win for those supporters that have travelled to watch their team play.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
pen penfras
April 6, 2024, 7:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -133
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Looking at the games that each of the bottom 4 play tomorrow, would a point be a bad result? We have, on paper the easiest of games but I wouldn’t be expecting any team just to go through the motions if they’ve nothing to play for.

How many times has anyone been to a ‘dead rubber’ of a game but still wanting town to win? I’d say it’d be 100% of them. Players will no doubt be putting a shift in If out of contract and then there’s win bonus’, clean sheet bonus’ and just out of respect, wanting to win for those supporters that have travelled to watch their team play.

I don't think there's a conscious decision from most players, it's just natural that when the pressure is off, the intensity drops a bit. But some teams thrive in those circumstances. Last season we had a good end to the season when the pressure was off. Might explain a bit about this season... the exact opposite of mentality monsters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
moosey_club
April 6, 2024, 8:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Quoted from grimps
The fans have done their bit all season , it’s time for the team to show us what they’re made of now

They have showed us what they are made of already ....league tables don't lie this late into a season.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
Yarborough Vaults
April 6, 2024, 9:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Bradford display hardly inspires confidence. I literally could not sleep last night thinking about this game and the potential outcome.

Add into it that DA must be massively distracted and he wasn't being much use when he was fully focused either.

This could be a reckoning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
HerveJosse
April 6, 2024, 11:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Erased this game from the mind until now . Now thinking it could easily be our season defining game and wish I had blanked it for a few hours longer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
RonMariner
April 6, 2024, 7:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Didn't go too badly today did it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Operation Survival

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.