5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
April 1, 2024, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,660
Gold Stars: 189
Khouri has played at left-back in the past, I seem to think? It will be him coming in, unless perhaps Clifton comes in fit. Vernam has some good qualities, but defending isn't one of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
Northbank Mariner
April 1, 2024, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Glennon and Maher are both involved in a whiplash claim so I doubt they'll play again this season. It'll be Khouri or Vernam at LWB i'd imagine.

Glennon is fit, Maher has a leg injury
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
The Dogs Testicles
April 1, 2024, 6:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -110
Gold Stars: 17
Glennon > Hume

Dead ball deliveries, energy, speed etc etc. Glennon has a licence to attack and is far less exposed in a back 5.

Hume has shown he can be a liability and ‘lose his head’ will stupid challenges in games where we can’t afford to be reduced to 10 men. I don’t see an improvement on Glennon….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
Spurn boy
April 1, 2024, 6:33pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Glennon and Maher are both involved in a whiplash claim so I doubt they'll play again this season. It'll be Khouri or Vernam at LWB i'd imagine.

The amount of compensation you receive for a whiplash claim with the new claim regulations now in place would not be a reason for their omission from the team, and I know this from my personal experience of making a claim.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
Maringer
April 1, 2024, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,660
Gold Stars: 189
Glennon does not have any energy or speed. However, I'd say his delivery into the box is probably more reliable than Hume's and he's probably better going forward as well. I'm not a great fan of Glennon due to the lack of pace, but this shouldn't be such an issue in the back 5 that we've been playing. Glennon is better than Hume in the air, as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
HerveJosse
April 1, 2024, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Spurn boy

The amount of compensation you receive for a whiplash claim with the new claim regulations now in place would not be a reason for their omission from the team, and I know this from my personal experience of making a claim.

Add in  consequential loss ie we are relegated because of their absence as our barrister will eloquently explain and the claim suddenly becomes substantial. I pointed this out weeks ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
forza ivano
April 1, 2024, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Hume was shown a yellow card in the 37th minute for  a bad foul is the entry on Fotmob
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 7:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano
Hume was shown a yellow card in the 37th minute for  a bad foul is the entry on Fotmob

Forza you’ll know this.

If the ref doesn’t show a yellow does that mean the offence in isolation would be seen as a straight red & result in a longer ban?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
benny1618
April 1, 2024, 7:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 2
DOGSO results in a one match ban.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
Theimperialcoroner
April 1, 2024, 7:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,261
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Forza you’ll know this.

If the ref doesn’t show a yellow does that mean the offence in isolation would be seen as a straight red & result in a longer ban?

If it’s a straight red, as it appeared to be, then he was sent off for DOGSO. Therefore only 1 match. Would be the same for 2 cautions too.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hume Red Card

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.