11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
grassbandits
April 1, 2024, 3:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +123
Gold Stars: 5
Agreed with Thompson and Andrews but IMHO Rose was also very good today too. Gets his body in tirelessly to close down and challenge or cleverly wins free kicks if his back was to goal. Shame we couldn't do a damn thing with all those free kicks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 103
Hagrid
April 1, 2024, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MaccasBoots

Certainly seems that way when the first thing you do after the whistle blows is come on here and start whinging about Artell 👍🏻

Wtf do you expect from a manager who has won 4!!!!!!!! I’LL REPEAT THAT. 4. In 22 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 103
Maringer
April 1, 2024, 3:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,663
Gold Stars: 189
We're just a poor, poor team. Plenty of endeavour, but that's pretty much it. No pace, strength and little ability. The less said about our ability at set pieces, the better. They fouled us in midfield knowing that it would take a miracle for us to do anything with the free-kicks and so it proved. The fact that referees ignore wrestling and shirt-pulling at set pieces is irritating, but it's the same for both teams, I suppose. I don't think many of our players would get near their team - and they are a mid-table side with nothing to play for.

The deflected cross which led to their goal was slightly fortunate, but I was never convinced we were going to hold out even before that happened as they had started to get in behind us by actually passing and moving, something which is apparently beyond our players. If we'd managed to hold on for the win, it would have been as much by luck as judgement.

If you set up with 5 defenders and three defensive midfielders you aren't going to create too many chances but you've go to be able to defend well enough to keep a clean sheet. We managed it in a couple of games, but have failed since then. I can't really see what else we can do, though. We're not good enough to try and play some football, it seems.

Only plus point, I suppose, is that Eastwood didn't do anything wrong. Good handling, decent kicking and a couple of saves.

Until today, I was pretty confident we would scrape enough points to stay up, but that's gone out of the window now. Our Plan A is poor and we aren't capable of a Plan B. A few flukey wins might do it, but I don't think we're going to be that lucky.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 103
TAGG
April 1, 2024, 3:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from grassbandits
Agreed with Thompson and Andrews but IMHO Rose was also very good today too. Gets his body in tirelessly to close down and challenge or cleverly wins free kicks if his back was to goal. Shame we couldn't do a damn thing with all those free kicks.

Thought they all had good games today except Hume who stunk the place out.
Think DA should have had some fresh legs in midfield 75/80 minutes.
We just haven't got any creative players to make things happen.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 103
moosey_club
April 1, 2024, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Gutting. Similar to the game at their place....better side in general but just not enough quality in the final third. Bradford woke up when they brought Walker on in midfield but otherwise poor.
I thought they were lucky to stay at 11 men when 36(? )Went in late not long after he had been booked but the ref definitely wanted to avoid sending him off as he hardly acknowledged it...
So many set pieces with no threat....Tharm long throws also .....failing to score more than 1 goal has cost us so many points thise season....under both managers.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 103
hampshiremariner
April 1, 2024, 4:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
I thought we had turned the corner. But, I forgot -this is Grimsby. We don’t do corners, we just go up and down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 103
GibMariner
April 1, 2024, 4:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from 140381
There are so many parallels with the lockdown relegation.

We’re done. And we deserve to go.

But no Covid and with crowds and buckets of money!!

Cmon😒 nowt like
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 103
Phil the cod
April 1, 2024, 4:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Blundell park looks like a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 103
April 1, 2024, 4:13pm
Guest User
More about what’s going on the pitch. The inability to see a game out, the seemingly endless late equalisers, new manager inheriting a poor squad and signing anyone to fill a gap.
Reply: 28 - 103
JK47
April 1, 2024, 4:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.72
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 3
We have learned nothing since 2016.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.