Reply: 50 - 86
exiledmeggie
April 1, 2024, 12:42am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -209
Gold Stars: 19
Hurst left us in a bad state. All we can do is steady the ship and get off the rocks.

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
CSLM
April 1, 2024, 12:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from golfer

I wouldn't say the board have fcked up ---but giving him a 48 year contract FFS

I think that we are more likely to progress under Artell than most of the others, definitely Hurst.
Clearly we are terrible with some massive issues but I think we will get away with it this year and so we should give him a chance to try and mould a team. Until the other day most of the January recruitment were getting praise.
We are where we are and where we have been for ages, I'm probably in the minority but I think we may do well in the next few years, also think some of the dogs aimed at Stockwood are not fair at all.
Anyway hopefully we will turn up tomorrow and win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
arryarryarry
April 1, 2024, 1:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from grassbandits
Unlucky with Ainley too

Wasn't he injured before he became ill?
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
Running like emson
April 1, 2024, 1:05am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Should never have got rid of PH without a real plan for a successor . Would be comfortably mid table right now.... with lots of moans of course
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 1, 2024, 1:48am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +887
Gold Stars: 121
Considering the tosh and drivel that he inherited when he joined us, i personally think he has done ok. His January signings have definitely been an improvement on what we had, even though we suffered some of our highest defeats in our history, and he has made big strides in loaning out plenty of players who are clearly not needed or wanted here next season.
Fingers crossed we stay up, and fingers doubly crossed that Joe Hutchinson works his magic, and DA finds a few names in his little black book during the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
Maringer
April 1, 2024, 8:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
I wouldn't go as far as saying Artell has done OK given that he's won exactly the same PPG as Hurst I agree that his signings in January seem to have improved the squad to some degree, but this is countered by the loss of Conteh who was obviously holding it all together much more than we realised. I'd imagine we'd probably have another half a dozen points right now if he had stayed as we've had no effective midfield in way too many games since he left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
The Dogs Testicles
April 1, 2024, 8:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Today was Artell’s 20th league match as Head Coach. His record…

Won 4
Drawn 8
Lost 8
For 24
Against 37
GD -13
Points 20

Hurst mk2’s final 20 league games as Town manager…

Won 5
Drawn 5
Lost 10
For 23
Against 30
GD -7
Points 20

Discuss…

He needs to be relieved of his duties. Please don’t allow him a transfer budget at the end of the season, it will take us back years!!!

A Manager is where the important investment needs to be made!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
Mappers
April 1, 2024, 8:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,430
Gold Stars: 119
In that DN35 interview Artell said that 'teams that complete over 600 passes win more games '

I can't be bothered to fact check but I would be interested if that's true - I mean is he talking about through all league's ?

I find it hard to believe many teams in league 2 complete 600 a game .

Wrexham beat Mansfield with half the posession they had - 358 completed passes v 556 .

I have looked through the top 3 out of mild curiousity and they have only gone over 600 completed passes a game in single figures between all of them .

Seems a strange point to raise which seems irrelevant in terms of league 2 .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
mariner91
April 1, 2024, 9:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,742
Gold Stars: 262
I imagine that stat is skewed quite considerably by City and to a lesser extent Arsenal. I’m sure making more passes is more likely to result in a win if you’ve got some of the best players in the world and almost unlimited money to spend. But if you’re in L2 and have an average budget, the chances of your players being good enough to make that many passes without a large number of mistakes is probably quite low.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 20 league games under Artell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.