Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Town relegated or stay up?
Relegated
Stay up
  View Results 213 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

This thread currently has 6,707 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 30, 2024, 11:07am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,443
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Mayaman
I'm resigned to it. Not much I can do about it, so anything else is a bonus.

It's 10/1!

https://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?competition=4

I was mean and gave us 4 points, 3 home draws and a point at Colchester. We stayed up!

21     Colchester     46     -19     45
22     Grimsby     46     -18     43
23     Sutton Utd     46     -25     41
24     Forest Green     46     -30     41

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 80
Meza
March 30, 2024, 11:36am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
I Can't see us staying up, i just think we either don't impose ourselves enough or not scoring goals from many areas.  W are relying on those teams below us to drop points, is the only hope we have really although its still in our hands.,

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 80
Eastendmariner
March 30, 2024, 12:15pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
After 6 hours in the car just getting there ! To concede in the manner we did  it summed up our plight and possibly our mental state. We lacked purpose we looked frail. Really disappointed really worried.
lose Monday and I think we may unravel as Colchester are looking they may go on a run FG too much to do as for Sutton after the absolute travesty with the late Pen against us have the belief. Sutton keep winning where as we can't I think we will go down  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 80
buckstown
March 30, 2024, 12:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 79
I'm struggling to see where we get points from so I think we may well go down. I've seen nothing in the last couple of weeks to suggest we'll beat Bradford at home, and I think Colchester looked way better than us when they were om sky against Mansfield last week.
As for Sutton they've pulled a couple of big rabbits out of the hat lately and seem to have the opposite impetus to us. Artell can massage his ego with talk of unbeaten runs but we've won once in god knows how long. At least he won't be able to sprout his weekly "we've only lost once away" any more.
I hope I'm very wrong but we seem like a rudderless ship at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 80
lew chaterleys lover
March 30, 2024, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

It's 10/1!

https://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?competition=4

I was mean and gave us 4 points, 3 home draws and a point at Colchester. We stayed up!

21     Colchester     46     -19     45
22     Grimsby     46     -18     43
23     Sutton Utd     46     -25     41
24     Forest Green     46     -30     41

But your calculations are just a guess. A few weeks ago the odds on Sutton having any chance at all were a long shot. Here we are a few weeks later and a draw with us and 4 wins on the spin and they have all the momentum.

Anything can and probably will happen. We will know some more after Mondays games but it is not looking good from where I'm sat.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 80
MarinerDevil
March 30, 2024, 1:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
A couple of games ago I was feeling slightly more comfortable with the knowledge that FGR and Sutton would need to find promotion form to realistically overhaul us. Well, Sutton have suddenly decided to do just that and we're right back in it again. This run of four games: MK Dons, Gillingham, Wrexham and Barrow was always going to be the toughest part of our run-in and I would have been content beforehand with the 4 points we've achieved. The games start to get a bit 'easier' now but our form has disappeared and the mental solidity we'd started to show in that 6 game run has crumbled away worryingly easily.

I think it's going to be really close. Sutton will run out of games before we do but if they can continue at their current PPG they'll get to 46 points. Can we beat that? I think we can, but it's going to be a struggle. Colchester are currently doing enough but have some tough games to come. FGR have folded a bit since the Sutton defeat but they're still only a couple of wins away from us. The next two home games are going to be crucial; I think we need 3 points minimum. After that, 4 of our 5 remaining games are away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 80
cannylad65
March 30, 2024, 1:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
I just can't see where the next win is coming from.

And Colchester will beat us at their place.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 80
grimsby pete
March 30, 2024, 1:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Orsi will send us down on the last game and cup his ears to the town fans. These owners are as bad as fenty. NL here we come

That could happen but he won't cup his ears because it was Hurst that did not trust him.

Most of the fans wanted him to have an extended run in the team.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 80
grassbandits
March 30, 2024, 2:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +123
Gold Stars: 5
Please god I’m wrong but I voted relegation.

I just can’t believe there can be two worse teams than Town - it’s like everything that could have gone wrong this season has gone wrong. With Rose and Vernam out our lack of any quality going forward has been shocking…just a little bit of magic from either Monday and I’ll happily change my mind 🙏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 80
TownSNAFU5
March 30, 2024, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Things look bleak now. A win on Monday changes our outlook.  A win might come in a game where we least expect it.

When we beat Liverpool in extra-time (unbelievable now) no one expected it.  The joke was they would score 10 goals and need a bigger scoreboard.  We have a much weaker team now but strange things happen in football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Relegated or stay up gut feeling?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.