Roast Em Bobby
March 22, 2024, 5:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from rancido

The point is that a flag, wether you agree with it or not, represents a country. In the example I quoted, by changing the colours the French flag becomes the Mali flag. Obviously this might seem trivial to some but you only have to observe the Scot's love of their flag and more recently the Irish pride in theirs to see how flags are endeared by the countries they represent.

Most England fans were taking Union Jack's to the match up until not that long ago, they didn't even realise it wasn't the flag of England. Now they're mock outraged
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 104
mariner91
March 22, 2024, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,650
Gold Stars: 261
I’m exceptionally jealous of all the people who have so few actual problems and things to do in their life that they find the time to be outraged by this. A small change in colour on a tiny flag on the back of the collar of a football shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 104
Heswall Mariner
March 22, 2024, 6:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
Mmm - I do wonder what the reaction would be like if say they changed the colour of the flag on the Scots shirts or the colour of the dragon on the Welsh shirts?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 104
Heisenberg
March 22, 2024, 6:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from ska face

The fashion police, maybe

Ay, you cheeky sod, I own that hat!

Don’t get me wrong, the missus shames me when I’m wearing it saying I look like a hillbillly, but I love it x.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 104
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 6:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -666
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from LH
Theres been loads of different colour St Georges on England kits over the years. Absolute non-story and another thing the grifters have latched on to. It’s one of the better England kits imo. Hopefully it becomes as iconic as the red 66 one in July.

Loads eh? Show one.

You just can't say anything that's against St. Wokes cross can you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 104
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 6:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
I’m exceptionally jealous of all the people who have so few actual problems and things to do in their life that they find the time to be outraged by this. A small change in colour on a tiny flag on the back of the collar of a football shirt.

Oh dear me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 104
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
This is absolutely outrageous. How dare they change the colour of our flag. I’m going to boycott the Euro’s in protest and just watch the Olympic Games this summer…

It’s amazing how all the right wing rags that are crying over the England shirt pretty much all described the 2012 Olympic kit design as “a modern twist” and were all positive about it.

But the British flags the same, not different. Do you really not understand.? I mean really?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 104
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 6:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

The point is that a flag, wether you agree with it or not, represents a country. In the example I quoted, by changing the colours the French flag becomes the Mali flag. Obviously this might seem trivial to some but you only have to observe the Scot's love of their flag and more recently the Irish pride in theirs to see how flags are endeared by the countries they represent.

I know lets have new Grimsby shirts, you know the ones Green with yellow dots, with a Scunny logo on the left and Lincoln on the right. Great
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 104
chaos33
March 22, 2024, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Go on, spell out really clearly why you’re so cross.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 104
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 6:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Most England fans were taking Union Jack's to the match up until not that long ago, they didn't even realise it wasn't the flag of England. Now they're mock outraged

At least it had the St Georges cross not St Wokes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › England shirt controversy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.