4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
March 20, 2024, 8:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
Man City know how to play this . As they’ve got over 100 charges they know they can drag this out . It’ll probably be at least a year . I don’t think they’re going to get away with it . They know they’re facing serious penalties. The thing is city are a new club in terms of success and don’t have the world wide fan base . Another thing the foreign ownership didn’t realise is an intrinsic part of football.
I’m guessing there’s a few clubs at the top end of PL and CL who are rubbing their hands at the prospect of Man City’s demise.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
forza ivano
March 20, 2024, 9:05am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,176
Gold Stars: 265
You just know Citeh will get off with this. They're going to have the best lawyers money can buy n they're going to find loopholes n exemptions etc etc , theyve also got more resources than the PL so can play the long game
And finally you just know the PL will eventually cave in, they arent going to harm the best club in the world , who also have the deepest of pockets.

Expect a 3 point deduction to be announced once they are mathematically assured of the premiership!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
louth_in_the_south
March 20, 2024, 10:17am

Exile
This won’t happen, even though the cynic in me probably believes it. They’ve cheated on a spectacular scale because they thought that they’re above the law and have done some much philanthropy in E Manchester.
This is why Newcastle and PIF haven’t gone mad because they realise the consequences

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
GrimPol
March 20, 2024, 1:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -666
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Maringer
Don't cry too much for Forest. Their billionaire Greek owner (who also owns the biggest club in Greece and one in Portugal) knew exactly what he was doing. Just thought he could get away with bending the rules, because he's always got away with it in the past with Olympiakos. On numerous occasions, in fact. Billionaires tend to get what they want so it must have caught him by surprise.

The sheer ludicrosity of a sustainability rule that allows clubs to lose £105 million over a three year period shows why the game is becoming a basket case in this country. So much money sloshing around, you can only imagine how much corruption must be taking place in the shadows.

I always find it surprising that in the US, land of (almost) unfettered capitalism, the NFL has got their excrement sorted out to make the competition as fair as possible. It's like the Wild West in comparison here.

"the NFL has got their sh!t sorted out"    To be fair, the Gridiron players in the NFL only ply their trade in the USA. It's therefore easy to control. They have something similar in Baseball.
If you curtailed wages in England, German, French, Spanish, Italian and a few more would step in and pinch them. It could be done at FIFA level or even UEFA, but since when were these organisations ever useful? The more money sloshing about, the more brown paper bags being stuffed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
ex-merseymariner
March 20, 2024, 4:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from acko338
How can over 100 charges against Man City just keep  floating around without a proper investigation and penalties if found to have broken FFP rules.

Do City have better lawyers and able to fend off the charges because of their financial power ??

Agree, I'm sick of this line being trotted out as an excuse, not by u acko, i  agree with u

If Z commits 100 suspected murder offences, they don't get given bail to keep murdering more.    Its like letting off an athletic cheat for multiple substances in the drugs test.  It's a feeble excuse. It's a competition, if it's not a level playing field, there's no point to it.

And then you've got the West ham guy Sullivan saying we don't need a regulator.   Ha.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 20, 2024, 9:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,689
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Agree, I'm sick of this line being trotted out as an excuse, not by u acko, i  agree with u

If Z commits 100 suspected murder offences, they don't get given bail to keep murdering more.    Its like letting off an athletic cheat for multiple substances in the drugs test.  It's a feeble excuse. It's a competition, if it's not a level playing field, there's no point to it.

And then you've got the West ham guy Sullivan saying we don't need a regulator.   Ha.

That would also be my observation as well. Why do all 115 charges have to be heard at once? I am sure the alleged fraudulent accounting charges may need some complex investigation and background work but the charges are there so the authorities have concluded their investigation so a date should have been set for a hearing if it only dealt with 25% of these.

Really is unacceptable way to run the game.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
HerveJosse
March 21, 2024, 11:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
This is ruining the game. First you had to check the linesman’s flag wasn’t up before you celebrated a goal 2 second delay to joy. Then you have you to wait up to 5 mins before Var decides not to interfere.now you have to hope the points aren’t taken off you months later ir the trophies snatched back years later. Just stop messing about with it it’s a simple game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
louth_in_the_south
March 21, 2024, 11:51am

Exile
It just feeds the fire stick revolution. Why pay for a product that is getting worse by the season.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
LocalLadGTFC
March 21, 2024, 11:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,216
Gold Stars: 137
So from what i've seen, Forest could be looking at further points deducted taking the total to 10 points deducted.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 30
louth_in_the_south
March 21, 2024, 12:07pm

Exile
Possibly Everton as well according to price of football podcast. Sheff Utd too far behind but may still give Burnley a chance of survival . Would make the end of the season interesting..

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Forest points deduction

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.