ska face
February 24, 2024, 7:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from ginnywings
I fear we will do a Woods and draw our way to relegation. Chances like the Holohan one at the end simply have to end up in the net, and it's not the first time this season we have drawn a game away that we could and probably should have won. Again we give away a soft goal to add to the long list.

Also fear that FGR are starting to be a lot more resolute. Tranmere have been doing really well lately, but FGR saw them off. They also won away at Barrow, and now I am fearing them doing us over at our own place with about 50 fans in the away end.

One thing potentially in our favour is the fact there are still 14 games left. FGR are enjoying a decent spell, might overtake us, but can they continue in that vein for another 2 months?

We’ve not had a decent spell all season but threatened on and off to be capable of playing well. If we stick with this formation, get the likes of Thompson & Vernam in we might be able to put a bit of a run together. Especially just after Easter when we’ve got 4 or 5 games against teams who’ll have little to play for.

Colchester aren’t out of the woods just yet - that rearranged match might end up being THE match that does define the season.

We need to get a witch doctor on some of the chronics though.
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 283
barralad
February 24, 2024, 7:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Chrisblor

Just about makes up for the two points dropped with his earlier error leading to their goal then, wonderful stuff

I bet you're a hoot at parties. Was that his fault entirely? How about a defender preventing a cross coming in?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 283
Wrights35
February 24, 2024, 7:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +30
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from It Bites

Just roll over then

Clown

In Hurst we trust !!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 283
Mappers
February 24, 2024, 7:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from hampshiremariner

Fifty points usually makes a ream safe. So 7 wins needed really.

Only two teams get relegated so it's always lower than that in  league 2 .

Last 8  full seasons points required to survive (when points not deducted ) :
44 ,39,46,42,46,47,35 ,42
So a range of between 35 and 47 points have been required to survive .
Average points to survive - 42.6

I doubt it will be higher than 47 points , we are slowly running out of games . I still dont believe it will take that to survive
FGR would need play-off form numbers -1.6PPG to reach 47 points .
Sutton logically are almost dead they would have to pick up 2PPG to reach the 47 points (title winning form over a season )

We still have it in our own hands-  to reach 47 points we would only require 1.2PPG , it's much less a task numerically at least for us on paper with 1 and 2 games in hand on the bottom 2 .

We are currently averaging 0.940PPG which if linear would see us  finishing with 43 points

Colchester are still in the mix to , they have not got the bounce i expected from the Cowleys appointment .

No I'm not confident , but I do think the draws might save us if we continue on our trajectory of them  we are joint top on draws with Mansfield who are at the submit and we have not actually lost that many games - 14  (as many as 8th place Crawley ) it's that small amount of wins , 6 all season that's put us in this mess I think.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 283
29 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Morecambe match thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.