lew chaterleys lover
February 24, 2024, 10:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters
At a slight tangent, John Tondeur has tweeted to say he's interviewing JS at around 2.30.

I don't normally listen to the pre match stuff but I will listen to that as it should be an interesting listen. It can't be easy for the bloke at the moment and I am just hoping and praying all the results go for us this afternoon.  I think the bottom two are at home and we are away to a (relatively) in form side so I am dreading it if things go badly.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 112
Poojah
February 24, 2024, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The more I think about it, he comes across a bit jolleyesque, only Jolley was slightly more articulate in the way he put his bulllshit across.

Jolley also happened to win almost 37% of his games in the Town dugout. Artell would have to win the next 5 games to surpass that.

As things stand, Artell isn’t fit to clean Jolley’s suit.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 112
Running like emson
February 24, 2024, 10:54am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Indeed: and according to Mrs Running like Jolley has a 'superior bottom': whereas DA is the superior ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 112
HerveJosse
February 24, 2024, 10:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

Jolley also happened to win almost 37% of his games in the Town dugout. Artell would have to win the next 5 games to surpass that.

As things stand, Artell isn’t fit to clean Jolley’s suit.

Jolley didn’t do much wrong other then fall out with Fenty ( not difficult) and then presented him an opportunity to sack him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 112
Poojah
February 24, 2024, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from HerveJosse

Jolley didn’t do much wrong other then fall out with Fenty ( not difficult) and then presented him an opportunity to sack him.

For me, the basic litmus test of a manager is; “did they leave the club in a better place than they found it?”. Of all of our managers this century, I think there’s only Hurst and Jolley that can make a good argument that they did.

Incidentally, the situation Jolley inherited is much like ours now; a few points above the relegation zone but unquestionably plummeting towards it. I realise it’s not going to happen, but I’ve said previously that I’d be interested to see how he would have got on working with our current owners and a bit more money. I’d genuinely feel more comfortable with him in the dugout right now than Artell.  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 112
HerveJosse
February 24, 2024, 11:04am
Champagne Drinker

I don't normally listen to the pre match stuff but I will listen to that as it should be an interesting listen. It can't be easy for the bloke at the moment and I am just hoping and praying all the results go for us this afternoon.  I think the bottom two are at home and we are away to a (relatively) in form side so I am dreading it if things go badly.

He will be talking about CEO appointment and other improvements and how it’s all a learning curve how the data is helping and by the way the fans should stop moaning . I can send you the transcript now if you wish .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 112
HerveJosse
February 24, 2024, 11:05am
Champagne Drinker

He will be talking about CEO appointment and other improvements and how it’s all a learning curve how the data is helping and by the way the fans should stop moaning even though I don’t look at social media. I can send you the transcript now if you wish .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 112
Northbank Mariner
February 24, 2024, 11:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Poojah

For me, the basic litmus test of a manager is; “did they leave the club in a better place than they found it?”. Of all of our managers this century, I think there’s only Hurst and Jolley that can make a good argument that they did.

Incidentally, the situation Jolley inherited is much like ours now; a few points above the relegation zone but unquestionably plummeting towards it. I realise it’s not going to happen, but I’ve said previously that I’d be interested to see how he would have got on working with our current owners and a bit more money. I’d genuinely feel more comfortable with him in the dugout right now than Artell.  

Not often I disagree with you pal but I'm not so sure about that.
Jolley got lucky, we got penalties we didn't deserve, which certainly helped our cause massively, and I'm not so sure Barrow fans would agree that of you gave Jolley money he can build a squad, he wasted thousands, lasted 6 games and was shown the door with P45 in hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 112
TownSNAFU5
February 24, 2024, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
As an experienced interviewer for job positions, nobody should take claims said at face-value without some confirmation checks.  The more important the job, or the more significant the claim, then due diligence checks should be more thorough.  Move on if discrepancies found.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 112
LH
February 24, 2024, 11:34am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from HerveJosse

He will be talking about CEO appointment and other improvements and how it’s all a learning curve how the data is helping and by the way the fans should stop moaning . I can send you the transcript now if you wish .

But he’ll be putting himself in front of the local radio station and answering questions. Rather than banning them and letting Compass FM - quite literally at times - phone the commentary in.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Matt Dean

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.