9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
February 22, 2024, 4:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
I wonder if she's got links to the area?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 80
dapperz fun pub
February 22, 2024, 4:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,934
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from pen penfras

There were 2 legal cases that I know of against the club due to how she treated them and how their employment ended. 3 people got forced out and paid off, 2 of them then got asked to help out afterwards but refused because of how they were treated. The 3rd took a payoff and left, but didn't want the hassle of a legal case even though everybody in the office thought it was constructive dismissal. Several others left, but I don't know the circumstances other than they didn't like the working environment.

Anybody who praises what DC did knows absolutely nothing about what she actually did. She cost the club an absolute fortune and all these people were hard working individuals that were not replaced with better.

Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
GrimPol
February 22, 2024, 5:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -666
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I accept that we need a CEO quite how we've managed to entice her from MUFC I don't know? What I meant was Hunt goes out on loan more misery and negative news regarding the team and then this story half hour later hmmmmmm

These are strange times in terms of on and off field priorities.

Do we need a CEO? Chief Executive Officer is the top person in an organisation which reports to the board and is the face of the company. The board lays down broad brush requirements, the CEO puts that into practice. Yes?
Did DC sack PH? Did DC employ DA? Did DC have fans forums? As I remember all that was done by JS.     What actually did DC do?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 80
ska face
February 22, 2024, 5:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Who do you think manages all the other staff during the week?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
chaos33
February 22, 2024, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from pen penfras

There were 2 legal cases that I know of against the club due to how she treated them and how their employment ended. 3 people got forced out and paid off, 2 of them then got asked to help out afterwards but refused because of how they were treated. The 3rd took a payoff and left, but didn't want the hassle of a legal case even though everybody in the office thought it was constructive dismissal. Several others left, but I don't know the circumstances other than they didn't like the working environment.

Anybody who praises what DC did knows absolutely nothing about what she actually did. She cost the club an absolute fortune and all these people were hard working individuals that were not replaced with better.

Good luck with that. That’s potentially libellous. Sure John will help you out if they come for you.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 80
DB
February 22, 2024, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,006
Gold Stars: 386
Good luck to her, she comes with a good pedigree and has football knowledge.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
GrimPol
February 22, 2024, 6:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -666
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from ska face
Who do you think manages all the other staff during the week?

Who did it before we had a CEO?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
Northbank Mariner
February 22, 2024, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

What legal cases ? Pay offs ? Expand on this

1....just 1!! ...and that didn't even make it to court!!...you know some posters do have an agenda against our owners and will just say any old shite to bad mouth them.
Its known certain members of the old guard were paid off, but they were all voluntary.

As for Polly, her CV looks impressive but if you read the review from Manchester fans she wasn't highly thought of, so I'm not sure its the "coup" some may think it appears to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
Chrisblor
February 22, 2024, 6:45pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,811
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

1....just 1!! ...and that didn't even make it to court!!...you know some posters do have an agenda against our owners and will just say any old shite to bad mouth them.
Its known certain members of the old guard were paid off, but they were all voluntary.

As for Polly, her CV looks impressive but if you read the review from Manchester fans she wasn't highly thought of, so I'm not sure its the "coup" some may think it appears to be

Don't they all hate her because all Man Utd Women's best players keep leaving? That's hardly the CEO's fault is it? If the club won't stump up the cash and they get poached by Arsenal / Chelsea then that's on the ownership, not the CEO.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 80
Northbank Mariner
February 22, 2024, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Chrisblor

Don't they all hate her because all Man Utd Women's best players keep leaving? That's hardly the CEO's fault is it? If the club won't stump up the cash and they get poached by Arsenal / Chelsea then that's on the ownership, not the CEO.

I think ot sounds more like her involvement in the appointment of Skinner.
What I'm hoping for is that she has solid contacts on the commercial side, let's be right, we need some investment to take some weight off Stockwood and Petits wallets tbh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New CEO

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.