forza ivano
February 21, 2024, 9:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,184
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Azimuth

Excuses poorly disguised as Waffle and Bull Excrement.

You've listened to it then? Thought the stuff about private equity & venture capitalism was very interesting.
What did you think about the increased U.S. interest?
did you agree on his thoughts on levelling up?
good to see admitting some mistakes wasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 91
1mickylyons
February 21, 2024, 9:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
He says this he says that yada yada.Jason just take a leaf out of my (and I suspect most Town fans ) book let your eyes tell you what they see. Mine see a team in free fall heading to the non league yet again with a Manager who is clueless on how to defend. You have had so much goodwill and fans believing in what you say yet you are in huge danger of losing the lot.Youve made a mistake it happens put it right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 91
forza ivano
February 21, 2024, 9:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,184
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 1mickylyons
He says this he says that yada yada.Jason just take a leaf out of my (and I suspect most Town fans ) book let your eyes tell you what they see. Mine see a team in free fall heading to the non league yet again with a Manager who is clueless on how to defend. You have had so much goodwill and fans believing in what you say yet you are in huge danger of losing the lot.Youve made a mistake it happens put it right

ffs - he's on a business podcast (from mid January btw) , discussing his business philosophy and football financing in general. It's not a podcast about football and Grimsby Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 91
1mickylyons
February 21, 2024, 9:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from forza ivano

ffs - he's on a business podcast (from mid January btw) , discussing his business philosophy and football financing in general. It's not a podcast about football and Grimsby Town.

Sorry I didn't listen to it I just went off previous posts.I am more bothered about my team sleep walking into non league than hearing his views but each to there own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 91
sam gy
February 21, 2024, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I can't be bothered to listen to it as his way of expressing himself with his business speak and talking of things in the abstract all the time grinds my gears, but someone on Twitter said he mentioned that Hurst wasn't fully on board with the data led approach.

If indeed he did say that presumably Artell and any future managers will be employed at least in part as to whether they trust often unreliable and misinterpreted data or will they trust their intimate knowledge of the game they have been in their whole lives which is an interesting thought. I would think most managers would take note of some basic data on players but their knowledge and experience would hold sway.

That same knowledge and experience lead to Hurst assembling one of our worst ever squads though. To play devils advocate, maybe if he had been willing to adapt more, we wouldnt be as crap as we are this season.

Maybe we might have signed more Contehs! (who Hurst admited was one of Joe Hutchinson's finds/recommendations)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 91
JK47
February 21, 2024, 11:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Data-led decisions such as not sacking a manager that is clearly not working out. I've spoken to 3 people today who are fans of different lower league clubs, and all of them have said it is absolutely ridiculous that Artell is still in charge.

No-one needs data analysis to see we're one place above relegation, losing matches heavily and consistently, and not investing in the side.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 91
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 21, 2024, 12:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,694
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from sam gy

That same knowledge and experience lead to Hurst assembling one of our worst ever squads though. To play devils advocate, maybe if he had been willing to adapt more, we wouldnt be as crap as we are this season.

Maybe we might have signed more Contehs! (who Hurst admited was one of Joe Hutchinson's finds/recommendations)

Doesn’t explain our woeful January signings though does it? If those are based on a data led approach god help us in the future as we managed to reduce the quality of our squad not improve it as was obviously the requirement!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 91
jamesgtfc
February 21, 2024, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from JK47

No-one needs data analysis to see we're one place above relegation, losing matches heavily and consistently, and not investing in the side.

Seeing that we are losing matches heavily and one place above the relegation zone is data analysis in itself. It's ok talking about being data-led but the board appear to be completely ignoring the most basic data that tells us all we need to know.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 91
GrimPol
February 21, 2024, 1:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -668
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from forza ivano

That's interesting, you think  " his business philosophy and football financing in general" has no bearing on "football and Grimsby Town". What, we are run differently to a major shareholders philosophy?
Can you expand, just for interest's sake?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 91
February 21, 2024, 1:25pm
Guest User

More questions need to be answered on recruitment.

Too many assumptions on it sitting when PH when it seems more collaborative. SP was attending games and scouting too.

Recent JS in Guardian said - Although the head coach has an outsized influence day to day, responsibility for the team’s performance is shared by the board and CEO, who should establish and define the overall strategy.
Reply: 39 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Interesting comments from JS

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.