Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The next win.!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The next win.!!!

This thread currently has 1,708 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
February 20, 2024, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -681
Gold Stars: 70
Is Walsall thrashing Morecambe good or bad news for us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
golfer
February 20, 2024, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Town wont go down. they are six + seven points clear with 1 + 2 games in hand and a superior goal difference. Colchester are only 1 point above us and have played a game more so they will be looking over their shoulder. If we get 2 wins and the odd draw we will be safe especially if we beat the bottom 2. We all know we are basically shite but the other teams are even shitier and I can't see them showing enough improvement to be able to overtake us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Abdul19
February 20, 2024, 9:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,563
Gold Stars: 216
Fair point, nothing in our form suggests our goal difference will get worse.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
GrimRob
February 20, 2024, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,422
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from golfer
Town wont go down. they are six + seven points clear with 1 + 2 games in hand and a superior goal difference. Colchester are only 1 point above us and have played a game more so they will be looking over their shoulder. If we get 2 wins and the odd draw we will be safe especially if we beat the bottom 2. We all know we are basically shite but the other teams are even shitier and I can't see them showing enough improvement to be able to overtake us.

There are 15 games to go. There are 2 teams below us with 13 and 14 games left. Many of those will be against teams with nothing to play for. Teams at the bottom nearly always do better in the run-in because they are more motivated and probably on big win bonuses as well. They are both likely to get anywhere between 10 and 20 points. Remember we have to better both of them, or one of them and Colchester. We need at a very minimum another 10 points, 15 to be comfortable. That's 3, 4 or 5 wins and a few draws. We're bottom of the form table. We're beyond crap at home and have won once away all season.  We even drew (just) at Slough.

It's definitely squeaky bum time.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 16
The Yard Dog
February 20, 2024, 10:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from chaos33
I can’t see where our next point is coming from.

Saturday a 2-1 away win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Norseman
February 20, 2024, 11:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Mappers

I am not that confident and agree with some of the things you say (the Day Cup money thing I didn't , it was a bit daft yet amusing ) but even by our standards to do that would take some going . Artell did manage a stretch similiar at Crewe , but FGR & Sutton can't win a game so I'm expecting at least 1 there on the balance of  probability .

5 or 6 draws wouldn't be enough 38 + might be if those 2 below us keep going the way they are . I think it will be a record low points total this within regular seasons and barrimg seasons when teams got deducted points .

It would be some (bad) achievement to manage relegation from where we are atm.

Forest Green beat barrow away and drew away at Colchester before their most recent defeat .4 points from 9 beats our 1 from 18
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
DB
February 21, 2024, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
When you are bottom of a league table ( form ) the only way is up. Positive and optimistic me says a win on Saturday.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The next win.!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.