1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Andy_worldwide_mariner
February 16, 2024, 8:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +104
Evening fellow fishes!

Regular reader and infrequent poster looking hoping for some help from fellow Mariners. I'm running the London Marathon this April and despite getting in on the ballot, I am doing so for a charity called Societi, which raises awareness pushes for research into an illness named Kawasaki Disease. I'm sure that most readers won't have heard of this but it's an awful disease that my now 2 year old son (and Mini Mariner) was struck by when 8 months old.

I'm incredibly grateful that GTFC have been generous enough to provide 2 vouchers which can be redeemed for two adults tickets at Blundell Park, for any remaining home game.

In an effort to raise funds for this incredible cause I'd love to offer the chance for fans to offer their best bid for those vouchers. Even anywhere near face value would be amazing, literally every penny helping raise awareness would be greatly appreciated.

My thoughts are that up until the end of Wednesday 21st Feb, posters could offer their best bid on here, at which point we can see who the highest bidder is (subject to Admin approval of course.)

Please see a link below to my JustGiving page which has more information. To be honest, even if only a few pounds were raised, the fact that some of you may read this is already spreading further awareness of this grossly misdiagnosed problem.

https://www.justgiving.com/fun.....cSIoOamUutgpfPBY5DtU

Thank you so much in advance and let's hope for a good showing tomorrow from the lads against Donny.

UTM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 16, 2024, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 178
Payday next week, I’ll pop a few Bob in an envelope for you fella 👍🏻

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
Andy_worldwide_mariner
February 17, 2024, 8:17am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +104
@Wozofgrimsby that's super, thank you.

Since I posted this I've since had another contribution to the fund, so thank you also!

Still very keen to get these two tickets to someone, as the club have given them to me in good faith. So anyone interested in putting in a bid, please do so in this thread - anything is appreciated for this very worthy cause.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 2 Home tickets- fundraiser

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.