Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Grimsby vs Stockport - Extended Highlights
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Grimsby vs Stockport - Extended Highlights

This thread currently has 786 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
February 12, 2024, 11:59pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Southwark Mariner
February 13, 2024, 12:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
"Like watching a lion rape a sheep, but in a bad way"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
golfer
February 13, 2024, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 116
More like a sheep trying to rape a lion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Theimperialcoroner
February 13, 2024, 5:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Couple of bits in there. Our disallowed goal didn’t look off, and we created a little more than I remember. Also for their second Clifton was too busy moaning at the ref rather than getting on with defending the kick. Great vision and pass from their player though.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
arryarryarry
February 13, 2024, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
All the playing out from the back or hoofing it is no good when you allow three of opposition's tallest players stand completely umarked when a cross comes in.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Lost in Lincoln
February 14, 2024, 7:07pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 7
Don't put that on if of a nervous disposition

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 8
Gilbertswand
February 14, 2024, 8:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +183
Gold Stars: 21
Sarcevic was a total SH*thouse....would love him in our team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
AncientExiledMariner
February 15, 2024, 1:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Couple of bits in there. Our disallowed goal didn’t look off, and we created a little more than I remember. Also for their second Clifton was too busy moaning at the ref rather than getting on with defending the kick. Great vision and pass from their player though.

Yeah, both of those I'd agree with. One of Harry or Gnahoua should have put a foot on it, it looked like Maher was running back and we were clearly exposed. For our disallowed goal, it looked like their defender on the far side played him onside, but the camera angle is poor.

For the first, I know it was Cartwright's pass, but I'm not happy with Maher here. Rodgers had zero space, Maher had acre's of space and put his hand up to refuse the ball. He was clearly the right choice and if you're playing out, he has to be aware, ready and demonstrate courage. You play back to GK to play it to other CB to work it our the other side, the fact he refused it give Cartwright unnecessary indecision. The right move was to hoof it, but only because the right option was refused.

Their headed goal was right near Holahan, he's stood there casual, dropped off his toes to flat foot and absolutely not sensing danger, he should have glanced over his shoulder, seen the danger, and backed up to challenge for that. The more I watch it, the more baffling it is. The thing that's annoying me is that this isn't the first, second or third time I've seen this from him. It must have been 6 or 7 this season. I have zero confidence in his off the ball, because the amount of times it's cost us is ridiculous. If he plays, he has to be in the advanced role with no responsibility with Clifton and Thompson deeper. Whether that's good enough next season, I doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Kris2
February 15, 2024, 1:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Tbh Rodgers could have moved forward or played a long pass down the line, both him and Maher obsessively passed back all game and make Cartwright figure it out. It was the wrong decision to play that pass but that little twerp Maher is telling him not to play it to him, JUST WHO ELSE DOES HE HAVE TO PLAY THE BALL TO!? If he had no pass on he could have just punted it long but the defenders in front of him really do not help anything.

I felt like Cartwright was at fault watching it live but having the benefit of replaying it on the highlights he's put under a bunch of unnecessary pressure by two defenders who don't want the responsibility of playing it out.

Then on the free kick everybody standing around and where is Maher? On the fricking centre circle instead of getting back to defend it. They should be standing over the ball to prevent it being taken quick instead of not paying attention but the defence is in no man's land again.

Their disallowed goal didn't look offside, it's close but it was probably not offside at all, maybe the linesman felt bad for us and put his flag up lol.

Our disallowed goal wasn't offside either as the back post defender is playing him onside by the look of it....Maybe just incompetent linos then...Conspiracy crushed.

Their third, unchallenged header, too much ball watching but what is Holohan doing? He actively steps away from challenging for that ball.

Good work by Vernam for the goal, burst into the box and almost got it himself, Eisa alive for the rebound after the goalkeeper got a hand to a good shot.

Rodgers actually gets a decent block in 1v1 after Maher lost the ball in the middle of the pitch with nobody else behind him, their player probably should have done better though.

Didn't see it on the highlights so maybe they felt it wasn't a close call but I was surprised they didn't get a penalty when it looked like one of their players was taken down in the box.

Quite liked their commentary that we got since Radio Humberside fell to pieces again. Very balanced commentary and upbeat which made a chance from the dull drone of our usual commentary.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Grimsby vs Stockport - Extended Highlights

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.