Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back….
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back….

This thread currently has 6,905 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
December 30, 2023, 2:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
I should really check the official website and my emails more often - I found out the game was available for streaming an hour after full time! What an idiot. Checking the BBC website for updates every 30 seconds is a mood killer most games, although my smile got wider as the goals went in last night, for a change.

I presume the rearranged Wimbledon game and Colchester are likely to be the only other streaming possibilities this season, right?

Being a football fan is such a weird calling - I didn’t even go last night, but I’m buzzing today just because of the result. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
Spurn boy
December 30, 2023, 2:28pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,239
Gold Stars: 29
Nice to see town playing away from home in Black and White , do we play better away in these colours ?

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
louth_in_the_south
December 30, 2023, 2:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,691
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from RonMariner

Wow. That is incredible both for the magnitude of our away following, and also for the dire level of home support.  The difference between a real club, and a wanna be vanity outfit.

Tbf they do have a bit of competition for fans in that area of the country!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
arryarryarry
December 30, 2023, 3:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Heisenberg
I should really check the official website and my emails more often - I found out the game was available for streaming an hour after full time! What an idiot. Checking the BBC website for updates every 30 seconds is a mood killer most games, although my smile got wider as the goals went in last night, for a change.

I presume the rearranged Wimbledon game and Colchester are likely to be the only other streaming possibilities this season, right?

Being a football fan is such a weird calling - I didn’t even go last night, but I’m buzzing today just because of the result. UTM.

Usually any non Saturday* kick off is available for streaming as I think Monday's game is.

* Except FA Cup games.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
ancientmariner54
December 30, 2023, 7:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from HerveJosse

I am not sure why 910 people from North Shields would be at the game.

We are not codheads!

Cod is for yorkies and other worm eaters

Cod is for cats and southerners, in that order .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
Heisenberg
December 30, 2023, 8:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from arryarryarry

Usually any non Saturday* kick off is available for streaming as I think Monday's game is.

* Except FA Cup games.

Thanks arry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
AncientExiledMariner
December 31, 2023, 5:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
It's a weird criticism of Clifton at times. Everyone celebrating him getting in the box and scoring as a left winger, and suggesting he doesn't do that usually when playing midfield. I mean, obviously. Central midfielders have less freedom than a winger and have to stay back more to cover the backline, or build up play.

Depends whether we need him sitting deeper or not. We have plenty of attacking players, we need those that know when not to. When Green is in, Clifton gets more freedom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
GrimPol
December 31, 2023, 9:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from HerveJosse

I am not sure why 910 people from North Shields would be at the game.

We are not codheads!

Cod is for yorkies and other worm eaters

My apologies, I should have said Melanogrammus aeglefinus Heads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back….

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.