IlkleyMariner
December 24, 2023, 6:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Folks
Harrogate manager Simon Weaver has had 14 years to get Harrogate to this position. His father owns the club.

David Artell has had about 4 weeks and is trying to change playing style with players he has inherited. Maybe he is trying to change too quickly, or maybe he is pushing players to find out who he really wants to keep. In some ways a defeat will help him make his mind up.

Yesterday was a wake up call.  I was immensely disappointed, but will be at Harrogate for the reverse fixture when I expect an away win….
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2023, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Folks
Harrogate manager Simon Weaver has had 14 years to get Harrogate to this position. His father owns the club.

David Artell has had about 4 weeks and is trying to change playing style with players he has inherited. Maybe he is trying to change too quickly, or maybe he is pushing players to find out who he really wants to keep. In some ways a defeat will help him make his mind up.

Yesterday was a wake up call.  I was immensely disappointed, but will be at Harrogate for the reverse fixture when I expect an away win….

Of course we need to be patient.

It’s simple enough for me. I want to watch a team that wants to win football matches as opposed to a team that’s desperate not to lose.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
moosey_club
December 24, 2023, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226

Yes it was disappointing, Harrogate had our number and we were well beaten...

But..

My biggest plus out of yesterday was that D.A saw what we saw and said it in the post match interview.
That gives me great hope and keen to see the journey ahead.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
oochiad
December 24, 2023, 7:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Absolutely gutted yesterday but it’s done, looking forward to Mansfield now. I think it’ll be a much better performance, here’s hoping! Happy Christmas to you all. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
golfer
December 24, 2023, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 116
We have to be patient. He can't get rid of all of the shite in one go-some, for whatever reason ,are on 3 year contracts.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Epworth Mariner
December 24, 2023, 8:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
The black & white flag is still flying in Epworth!
Yes I was disappointed and the cat kept out of my way…..but sometimes an adverse result and performance helps the manager know more. I bet he had a good idea anyway!
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
DB
December 24, 2023, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,004
Gold Stars: 386
Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes. DA needs time and 4 weeks is far too short to change things around.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
forza ivano
December 25, 2023, 12:54am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
must be mad being a manager. last week everything was hunky-dori. this week - 2 bad performances n he's learnt as much as he has in the last 2 weeks; only this time it's all negative.
a week ago the squad needs tweaking, this morning we need a complete overhaul......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
arryarryarry
December 25, 2023, 2:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Folks

What the frig are you on about "get real" ?

This is a football forum, are we not allowed to voice our opinion when we play crap and are well beaten by a team most thought we would beat.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
davmariner
December 25, 2023, 2:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,931
Gold Stars: 79
My view remains the same that this squad needs surgery in January as Artell doesn’t quite have the players to play the way he wants consistently.

It should start with our backline, two new centre backs and a left back. Rodgers has improved in recent weeks but Maher just makes too many mistakes and has exposed just how badly we miss Andy Smith.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Get real

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.