Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Today’s Attendance.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Today’s Attendance.

This thread currently has 2,478 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Yoda
December 24, 2023, 1:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Harrogate seemed to rise to the occasion if you cannot get motivated for a big christmas fixture with a near full house at home i don’t know what will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
mariner91
December 24, 2023, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

What surprised me was how little patience our fans displayed yesterday which was very disappointing. Yes, it was a pretty shocking performance all round but the Manager has clearly outlined how he wants the team to play and that there would be a number of blips and bad days on the journey. As soon as things started to go awry yesterday the moaners all started and some of the abuse aimed at individual players is quite astonishing at times and it’s not surprising the performance got worse rather than better as the game went on given the level of criticism.

Probably one of the main reasons our home form is so poor.

I was also surprised by the amounts of moans but then we've been fairly poor at home since getting promotion and I guess people are just fed up of having to sit through so many abject home performances. I also think the cries for going long and direct were a bit pointless as we just don't have the players capable of doing it. It's been said before but this squad is neither one thing or the other. Not good enough generally to play a quick passing game as there's too many players who aren't good enough on the ball consistently. But it also lacks the height, pace and power required to go long. Danny Rose would win some flick ons but to what end? There's nobody who would run beyond him and you reckon Eisa is going to chase numerous balls in to the channels? He can barely be arsed sometimes to cover 10 yards let alone bust a gut over half the pitch multiple times to often no avail. Hurst did a horrible job of building this squad in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Yarborough Vaults
December 24, 2023, 6:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Yoda
Harrogate seemed to rise to the occasion if you cannot get motivated for a big christmas fixture with a near full house at home i don’t know what will.

Unfortunately professional football matches aren't generally won simply by 'being motivated'.

If they were Mr Motivator would be the best football manager of all time.

Tactics and ability are the main deciding factors with a bit of luck thrown in. I'd argue Town were every bit as motivated as Harrogate but were lacking on the other fronts and that's why we lost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Azimuth
December 24, 2023, 6:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from denni266
If i was the owners  i would be more worried about how many where happy with what was being served up to us.  Like any business  it needs to be selling a good product  and we are not realy getting one are we

Early days but the Owners must have one eye on improved performances and league position with a view of next seasons season ticket sales.

(Disclaimer, apologies in advance for any poor grammer in this or previous posts).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
aussiej
December 25, 2023, 2:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +117
Gold Stars: 17
Over 7400 sold... Pontoon sold out, lower Smiths sold out, upper Smiths only 8 seats left and Main stand only 20 left.
So even if more wanted to go they couldn't go in most of the ground as there were only a handful left..There might have been lots of empty seats but most of those were sold.  
Lots of people with tickets not turning up. We should give our attendances as seats sold and not who turns up on the day...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
GrimPol
December 25, 2023, 3:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -668
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from denni266
If i was the owners  i would be more worried about how many where happy with what was being served up to us.  Like any business  it needs to be selling a good product  and we are not realy getting one are we

If we were a Restaurant, we would have gone out of business years ago. It's only that Football Fans are masochists that most football clubs exist.
Plan A was to move away from the National League Black Hole Pull. That's nearly done.
I was hoping for Plan B to get a shot at playoffs, but now I can see the structured play, some of our players are not up to it. I think mid-table safety is our goal. It was a bit of a bum half season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
arryarryarry
December 25, 2023, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from aussiej
Over 7400 sold... Pontoon sold out, lower Smiths sold out, upper Smiths only 8 seats left and Main stand only 20 left.
So even if more wanted to go they couldn't go in most of the ground as there were only a handful left..There might have been lots of empty seats but most of those were sold.  
Lots of people with tickets not turning up. We should give our attendances as seats sold and not who turns up on the day...

What is it about the word attendance that you clearly don't understand?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
HelensburghMariner
December 25, 2023, 7:39pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +37
Gold Stars: 1
Having been a +1 to the attendance on Saturday It's been ages since I last attended a game at BP (Stockport back in 2022 I believe) and I like how Grimsby now have the e-ticket option. I don't know how new it is though?

Still no veggie options around the ground though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
moosey_club
December 26, 2023, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,255
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HelensburghMariner
Having been a +1 to the attendance on Saturday It's been ages since I last attended a game at BP (Stockport back in 2022 I believe) and I like how Grimsby now have the e-ticket option. I don't know how new it is though?

Still no veggie options around the ground though

There is normally at least one cheese and onion pie available.....which outlet its at changes every week mind so it can be hard to find.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Today’s Attendance.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.