jamesgtfc
December 21, 2023, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Heisenberg

On the Chelsea bit, I do agree, but my immediate thought when this was first invented was “who do spurs think they are?!!!”. I mean, they’ve literally never won anything!

And Man City were nobodies until about 10 years ago. Without money they’d still be in a rotting Maine road in the championship!

If spurs are in there as the top clubs, then Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa, Everton, Celtic and rangers should be too.

Anyway, let’s hope it either dies a death, or actually DOES happen and the fans reject it mid-competition. The greed of these scum is abhorrent.

The one positive seems that somebody, at least, is questioning the status quo that football has due to uefa and fifa. They definitely shouldn’t be allowed to own football unless the my can prove they’re actually good at it…….

Man City lease the stadium off Manchester City Council. I'm not sure whether the council or club are funding the latest expansion though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
1mickylyons
December 22, 2023, 7:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Have Lincoln distanced themselves from this competition yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
mimma
December 22, 2023, 10:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
How will it work? Do they leave the Premier league all together or do they try to cram the extra games in to an already congested program??

Asking for a friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
pen penfras
December 22, 2023, 10:55am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from mimma
How will it work? Do they leave the Premier league all together or do they try to cram the extra games in to an already congested program??

Asking for a friend

They're talking about 3 leagues with 64 teams. Can't see how they cram that into the schedule. But there's only Real Madrid and Barcelona left supporting it. Everyone else has said they're against it, so can't see it happening for a while. But UEFA need to revamp the champions league, it's boring and stale.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Abdul19
December 22, 2023, 1:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
This new proposal sounds like absolute pie in the sky. Free to air tv?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Yossarian
December 23, 2023, 11:57am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,082
Gold Stars: 18
The comment above about Champions League being stale is a good one.  It is too bloated with too many meaningless games- but also because it is behind some fairly random paywalls now in the UK (and other countries it makes it even less enticing to watch.  

I honestly couldnt tell you who televises the CL off the top of my head now. (Looks it up)

I thought it was BT Sport but now i've looked it up - who the hell are TNT sports?

In terms of the match day experience I've been to a few CL games at Stomford Bridge and it was utterly dire.  Zero atmopshere - once was a a knock out game versus Juventus and you could hear a pin drop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Wedidntdidwe
December 23, 2023, 2:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 22
CL rules get even weirder next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
GrimRob
December 23, 2023, 10:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,416
Gold Stars: 113
Whatever format you have if it is a league you are going to have a fair amount of meaningless games. Ironically the old European Cup format every game counted! Once we get past the group stages it's a better competition. The odd group is interesting where it is close like Newcastle's this year.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › European Super League ban unlawful

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.