1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Croxton
December 13, 2023, 9:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33

Tommy Widd' s team lead with seconds left.

Dutch keeper looks massive , experienced and excellent.

Brilliant referee too.
Logged Online
Private Message
Croxton
December 13, 2023, 9:39pm
Cocktail Drinker

Shots win!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
arryarryarry
December 13, 2023, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
I would have to say I was never his biggest fan but having said that if he had played as he did when he was here in some of our recent teams he would have been better than some of the poor players we have had.

Well done to him for beating Stockport and getting through to the third round
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
MuddyWaters
December 14, 2023, 7:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Young lad called Josh Stokes very impressive throughout the game. A bit of a McAtee type, 19 years old rejected by Ipswich academy.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
diehardmariner
December 14, 2023, 9:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Doing well in the league too.

His stock is high at the minute, this win and further exposure will only further thrust him into the spotlight when it comes to jobs.

His interview with DN35 was excellent and shows him to be intelligent, articulate and quite astute.  I particularly liked the way he spoke about his relationship with Alan Buckley and how it gave him an insight into how he wanted to (and didn't want) to manage players.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Croxton
December 14, 2023, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Young lad called Josh Stokes very impressive throughout the game. A bit of a McAtee type, 19 years old rejected by Ipswich academy.

He was the reason that Croasdale was not as effective as usual in Stockport's midfield. Good on the press and always a threat around the box. Ipswich's loss.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
jamesgtfc
December 14, 2023, 12:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
Doing well in the league too.

His stock is high at the minute, this win and further exposure will only further thrust him into the spotlight when it comes to jobs.

His interview with DN35 was excellent and shows him to be intelligent, articulate and quite astute.  I particularly liked the way he spoke about his relationship with Alan Buckley and how it gave him an insight into how he wanted to (and didn't want) to manage players.

I spoke to him for a good 10 minutes last year at King's Lynn. He's a bit different to most at that level. He is nowhere near the pre-match warm up. At King's Lynn, he spent that time chatting to fans, those in hospitality and players that weren't selected. He is not a tracksuit manager either, and at King's Lynn his coaching team were highly qualified people that I thought implemented the playing style. Hugo Langton seems to follow Tommy around and I considered him to be the brains of the operation.

When we were in the NL, both our games against King's Lynn were when Tommy was managing them and I thought they were tremendously well organised. They then transformed their style of play last season and did well, but I imagine Stephen Cleeve ground him down in the end and he took a huge risk going to Aldershot who looked destined for relegation. The gamble paid off for him, he signed a couple of former players from King's Lynn and the way he goes about that is probably a bit unethical.

Olly Scott who scored the winner last night went to see Stephen Cleeve with his dad to tell him how homesick he was and needed to cancel his contract to get back to the North East. A few days later he was signed by Aldershot!

I wish Tommy all the best though, he is a genuinely nice guy, a born winner and wants to play attractive football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
The Yard Dog
December 14, 2023, 1:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Croxton

Shots win!!

That's the beauty of the FA Cup, away to West Brom in the next round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
GollyGTFC
December 15, 2023, 5:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Olly Scott who scored the winner last night went to see Stephen Cleeve with his dad to tell him how homesick he was and needed to cancel his contract to get back to the North East. A few days later he was signed by Aldershot!

Take a look at a map. Aldershot is in North-East Hampshire.

(and i wouldn’t believe a syllable that comes out of Cleave’s mouth)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 9
diehardmariner
December 15, 2023, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Take a look at a map. Aldershot is in North-East Hampshire.

(and i wouldn’t believe a syllable that comes out of Cleave’s mouth)

Scott's from the actual North-East....

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2023/07/28/olly-scott-departs/
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockport v Aldershot

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.