2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Fenners
November 21, 2023, 5:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 20
If anyone has any old VHS, DVD footage or old photos of Town, the rarer the better (taped off TV news etc) I'd be really interested in hearing about them. After starting an account on Twitter a few years ago, I now have a really comprehensive collection (which I share) of old programmes, newspapers, match and fan photos and video clips.

I've got all season highlights compilations that were ever produced by the club, plus I believe all special games (Kop that, get in there etc) but really interested in more random bits. For example I know that some mascots in the mid 80's got copies of their game. There are highlights compilations for 1982/83 and 83/84 but then nothing until 1989/90. These then carried on up until the last one was released in 2007/08. So anything from the mid 80's would be great.

There are a couple of TV highlights games which must be out there too that we don't currently have. Chelsea (a) 1-1 in Nov 1981, Doncaster (h) 3-4 in May 1979 and Palace (a) 1-2 in January 1977. ITV have Chelsea and Palace but want £150 and to stick a huge watermark through the footage. Somebody must have them. Somewhere.

Anything that you think might be of interest, please drop me a message. For anyone who isn't aware, the Twitter account is @onthisgtfcday. I've started sharing a few bits on the praise and grumble group on Facebook too for those who don't use Twitter. The account is essentially an "on this day" in Grimsby's history each year so even if you have photos you've taken at matches pre mobile phones I'd love anything we can all share to get people reminiscing and talking about the games or events.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce
Logged Offline
Private Message
November 21, 2023, 6:29pm
Guest User
Despite my previous criticism of the DN35 Podcast of which I know you to be a regular I want to put it on record that your efforts with the archive footage is very much appreciated and you have no doubt saved many pieces of history that otherwise may have been lost.

I hope that others can help out with the footage you seek.

Keep up the good work.  
Reply: 1 - 11
It Bites
November 21, 2023, 8:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,167
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Fenners
If anyone has any old VHS, DVD footage or old photos of Town, the rarer the better (taped off TV news etc) I'd be really interested in hearing about them. After starting an account on Twitter a few years ago, I now have a really comprehensive collection (which I share) of old programmes, newspapers, match and fan photos and video clips.

I've got all season highlights compilations that were ever produced by the club, plus I believe all special games (Kop that, get in there etc) but really interested in more random bits. For example I know that some mascots in the mid 80's got copies of their game. There are highlights compilations for 1982/83 and 83/84 but then nothing until 1989/90. These then carried on up until the last one was released in 2007/08. So anything from the mid 80's would be great.

There are a couple of TV highlights games which must be out there too that we don't currently have. Chelsea (a) 1-1 in Nov 1981, Doncaster (h) 3-4 in May 1979 and Palace (a) 1-2 in January 1977. ITV have Chelsea and Palace but want £150 and to stick a huge watermark through the footage. Somebody must have them. Somewhere.

Anything that you think might be of interest, please drop me a message. For anyone who isn't aware, the Twitter account is @onthisgtfcday. I've started sharing a few bits on the praise and grumble group on Facebook too for those who don't use Twitter. The account is essentially an "on this day" in Grimsby's history each year so even if you have photos you've taken at matches pre mobile phones I'd love anything we can all share to get people reminiscing and talking about the games or events.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Have you got a Facebook page ?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
tanga_the_indestructible
November 21, 2023, 9:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
There's also this game from McMenemy promotion season. Was a highlights game on either Anglia or Yorkshire.
Grimsby Town v Peterborough United, 29 April 1972
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Fenners
November 22, 2023, 7:04am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

Have you got a Facebook page ?

I don’t, keeping up to date with one social media type is pretty time consuming. Nearly 5,500 followers on Twitter so need to stay there now.

Like I say I do post some bits on the Grimsby Town praise and grumble group.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Fenners
November 22, 2023, 7:06am
Coke Drinker
There's also this game from McMenemy promotion season. Was a highlights game on either Anglia or Yorkshire.
Grimsby Town v Peterborough United, 29 April 1972

There most certainly is. There are a few of the earlier games missing before those I listed. Didn’t want to make the list two long because some of those feel almost impossible to find now.

Thanks for the reply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
paultandy4@gmail.com
November 22, 2023, 8:36am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
paultandy4@gmail.com
November 22, 2023, 8:37am
Coke Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
paultandy4@gmail.com
November 22, 2023, 8:40am
Coke Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
paultandy4@gmail.com
November 22, 2023, 8:40am
Coke Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Old/Archive Town footage & memorabilia

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.