5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
denni266
November 20, 2023, 10:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Well that was fun  NOT.At least i know how many flowers are on the wallpaper thats on the fire breast lol
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
RichMariner
November 20, 2023, 10:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
I know we had already qualified, the ref was awful and no one wanted to get crocked, but...

There is no such thing as a dead rubber in international football. Not for me, anyway.

It's your country. You should want to go out there and bust a gut, every time. Representing your country in the sport you love should be an absolute privilege, but again I feel there are players out there who just coast.

I'm sure we'll improve when the Euros start, and we won't field a team like the ones we fielded over this weekend.

However, we hand England caps out like confetti. For some of those lads tonight, they have more chance playing for England than they do their clubs. How's that happened?!

When you think of players like Steve Bruce (0 caps), Matt Le Tissier (8 caps) and Andy Cole (1 goal), all at their absolute peak, and how little they played for England. Getting England caps back in the day was rock.

Trent Alexander-Arnold in midfield is an experiment worth ditching now. What's the point of Kalvin Phillips? Can't get in Man City's starting XI, can't get in the England side, but keeps being involved. What's his contribution? If he's not playing in the PL and not in form, we've got to start looking elsewhere.

I know we want to blood some youngsters but some get super fast-tracked and I'm not sure that's the answer. Someone like Ward-Prowse has barely had a look-in despite being the best set-piece taker in the PL.

Not saying he's the answer but now more than ever it feels like whatever Southgate's grand plan is, it's becoming more and more frayed around the edges.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Teestogreen
November 21, 2023, 12:33am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Well Malta / North Macedonia, whichever one it is - could have been better by England.
Gareth is trying to put square pegs in round holes.
Luckily he can afford to do that (no idea why)   - prior to final stages of the competition

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
lukeo
November 21, 2023, 4:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from denni266
Well that was fun  NOT.At least i know how many flowers are on the wallpaper thats on the fire breast lol

The suspense is killing me..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
GrimExile
November 21, 2023, 8:34am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I thought that the referee was absolutely appalling and I cannot remember the last time a referee was as bad as this one, even at Conference level. I don’t think he was bent but I do think he was very biased. Having said that, that is no excuse for how poor England were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
November 21, 2023, 10:22am
Guest User
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Well that's 100 minutes of my life I'll never get back, what a steaming pile of sh1te ! I'm sick to death of this backwards sideways, backwards sideways crap. No creativity, slow, ponderous approach, bloody rubbish.
Southgate should be sacked ASAP and we should BEG Guardiola to take over before we waste another "golden generation"
Anybody who seriously believes that this rabble can win the euro's is deluded !
Total crap !

Unfortunately this is creeping into the game at all levels.  Take for instance, FGR at the weekend, every time they played it out from the back it looked like they were going to mess it up, and would have done if we had pressed a little higher up.

Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › England v Malta

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.