3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Wedidntdidwe
November 15, 2023, 11:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 22
I see this is our drink sponsor for the season. Do these things help or hinder a modern sportsperson? And what the heck do electrolytes have to do with anything.
I understand replacing lost fluids with water works so is this just an overpriced gimmick ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 15, 2023, 11:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Wedidntdidwe
I see this is our drink sponsor for the season. Do these things help or hinder a modern sportsperson? And what the heck do electrolytes have to do with anything.
I understand replacing lost fluids with water works so is this just an overpriced gimmick ?

Ribena mixed with a bit of salt would probably do the same job.

I’m not sure if our fans should be encouraged to drink isotonic drinks though. I’d stick to water or Docks Beers.

Man has survived the brisk 20 minute along Grimsby Rd for the past 130 years on a combination of haddock, water, tea and ale. No need for dubiously branded, Thai energy drinks.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
davmariner
November 16, 2023, 12:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,933
Gold Stars: 79
It gives me the sh*ts.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
denni266
November 16, 2023, 3:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 132
Ice cold water for me  please.  Diabetic
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
golfer
November 16, 2023, 9:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 116
I can run 100 mtrs in 2Hrs. 29mins. with or without
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 16, 2023, 10:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Wedidntdidwe

Nerd klaxon.....

When you sweat you don't just sweat liquid, you lose minerals that are essential to the smooth running of your body as a system (it's why sweat tastes salty) and they are collectively known as electrolytes. So a good 'sports drink' will replace liquid and electrolytes.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 16, 2023, 10:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from davmariner
It gives me the sh*ts.

Blimey, it's like Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare and Byron are posting on this forum. The poetry...

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
devs
November 16, 2023, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
These posts have me made me  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
diehardmariner
November 16, 2023, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,622
Gold Stars: 539

Nerd klaxon.....

When you sweat you don't just sweat liquid, you lose minerals that are essential to the smooth running of your body as a system (it's why sweat tastes salty) and they are collectively known as electrolytes. So a good 'sports drink' will replace liquid and electrolytes.

Very good breakdown.

The average guy/girl in the street won't feel the benefit of a good sports drink, a prime athlete will definitely feel the benefit of a good sports drink as part of wider good to outstanding nutrition and hydration.  

If you're asking if Carabao Sport is a good sports drink I would probably say no.  It's full of a lot of excrement, see below, but a professional athlete will do enough to more or less counter that excrement.  The average consumer won't.  Knut jokes (I think) that it's not much better than Ribena with a pinch of salt, he's not far wrong.  

Sports Science is great. But my god there's some absolute excrement that's flooded the market in the last 10 or so years with the marketing appeal that it makes you like the elites, this is just another example of such.

TL;DR - It's excrement, save your money.

Spring Water, Dextrose Monohydrate, Fructose, Citric Acid, Acidity Regulator (Sodium Citrate), Flavourings, Stabilisers (Acacia Gum, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins), Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K), Vitamins (B3, B5, B6, B12), Colour (Beta Carotene), Dimethyl decarbonate.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
GrimPol
November 16, 2023, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Wedidntdidwe

At £2 per litre its a million times more expensive than water with this cr@p inside Carbonated Water, Sucrose, Citric Acid, Taurine (0.3%), Flavourings, Aspartame, Stevia (Sweeteners), Caffeine (0.032%), Inositol, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Riboflavin, Caramel (Colour), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative).

Better use it as a paint stripper.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Carabao SPORT

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.