This thread currently has 704 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MaccasBoots
November 14, 2023, 1:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +683
Gold Stars: 23
Pearson has confirmed that Efete is still out while Amos is back in contention. He also mentioned that they want to avoid pushing the players recently back from injury too hard, so I expect rests for Glennon, Green, and maybe Pyke.

We also have Khan and Eisa away on international duty. The most natural fit to replace them is probably Clifton, although I suppose Gnahoua could also play there.

I note that Gardner subbed off on 60th min for the youths - not sure if this suggests he'll have a part to play in the Slough game, but might just be off the bench.

Could be an opportunity for players like Conteh and Hunt to reassert themselves, but I think we'll still want some experience in there. Good one for Waterfall, imo.

That all said, I think we'll line up like this:

Cartwright
Mullarkey Waterfall Maher Amos
Holohan Conteh Hunt
Gnahoua Rose Clifton

What are you hoping for / expecting?
Logged Online
Private Message
Youngy
November 14, 2023, 2:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,663
Gold Stars: 9
I personally think this is a chance for Glennon and Green to get a few more minutes under their belt. Try and get the game won first and then make changes though Pearson did say changes would be made so I'll go....

Cartwright
Mullarkey Waterfall Maher Glennon
Clifton Contah Green
Pyke Rose Gnahoua
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Poojah
November 14, 2023, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,554
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Youngy
I personally think this is a chance for Glennon and Green to get a few more minutes under their belt. Try and get the game won first and then make changes though Pearson did say changes would be made so I'll go....

Cartwright

Mullarkey Waterfall Maher Glennon

Clifton Contah Green

Pyke Rose Gnahoua

I think this, with the exception of midfield. I don’t think you can take Holohan out of the side at the minute, and I thought Andrews had his best game for us on Saturday and deserves to start again.

Agree we need to get this game won and then think about resting key players. We have the luxury of being able to make 5 subs these days. The last thing we need is a defeat, extra time, or both.

Cartwright
Mullarkey    Rogers     Maher    Glennon
Holohan       Green        Andrews
Pyke                  Rose            Gnahoua  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
MuddyWaters
November 14, 2023, 2:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 235
Given what Pearson said on interview, I don't expect Glennon or Green to start. Probably Clifton for Khan, Conteh for Green and Amos for Glennon as the starting changes.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
DB
November 14, 2023, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Poojah

I think this, with the exception of midfield. I don’t think you can take Holohan out of the side at the minute, and I thought Andrews had his best game for us on Saturday and deserves to start again.

Agree we need to get this game won and then think about resting key players. We have the luxury of being able to make 5 subs these days. The last thing we need is a defeat, extra time, or both.

Cartwright
Mullarkey    Rogers     Maher    Glennon
Holohan       Green        Andrews
Pyke                  Rose            Gnahoua  

That looks good to me. Keep a winning side together, Ints. apart. Both Clifton and Conteh are out of sorts at the minute. Score enough goals to win the game in the 1st half, with a clean sheet for Cartwright. Make some subs early and give Gardner a runout.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
TAGG
November 14, 2023, 2:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Would like to see Conteh start in a more forward role to see how he looks there.
Got to give Waterfall a run out aswell.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
acko338
November 14, 2023, 4:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
Arthur Gnahoua has seemed to add some physicality when picked or brought on as a sub, and this could be a quality needed tonight.

Take some pressure off Rose and allow some room for the midfielders to get up in support more ?

And no stupid cheap free kicks given away tonight !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Mariner_09
November 14, 2023, 4:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
From what Shaun said about some lads who haven't played much football recently probably needing a rest to avoid injuries, I'd say it's unlikely that Glennon, Greeny and Pyke will start tonight. He said Danny Amos should be fit, would like to give Gnahoua another whirl, probably let Conteh come back in, and he'll have to push Harry wide unless he changes system.

I'd stick as strong as possible to keep the momentum going from Saturday.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Team for Slough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.