November 13, 2023, 2:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I wonder who's in for that job?!

Ben and Shaun after crushing Morecambe 3-2?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
grimps
November 13, 2023, 4:44pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
I hope he gets it , I doubt he will though.

He might have had a better chance last season but I still think they’ll go for someone with more success at a higher level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
lukeo
November 13, 2023, 4:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from petethemariner
Wouldn't be averse to having Taylor  at GTFC, did a great job at Exeter, maybe  Ben as assistant and Sean into
the coaching set up proper?

He was brilliant at exeter and got them playing good football, they're awful to watch at the moment. He's too good for league 2 in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
RonMariner
November 13, 2023, 9:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,718
Gold Stars: 226
Ticks a few boxes in terms of location, brand of football, success at L2 level. Could be a strong candidate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
grimsby pete
November 13, 2023, 10:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
If it's true that Blackpool and Port Vale are interested in Hurst I don't see why Rotherham would not want to talk to him at the very least.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
chaos33
November 14, 2023, 6:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
If you take into account what Hursty did st Shrewsbury and the fact that he’s played hundreds of games for them (not really relevant but kind of would be taken as such), he’s a candidate, surely. If he wants it, I hope he gets it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Davec
November 14, 2023, 6:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
With the greatest respect to Hurst, why the hell would a championship club appoint a manager who's record in the EFL looks very average at best and that's mainly at league 2 level! regardless how many times be played for them as a player, that would be a serious downgrade for them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Theimperialcoroner
November 14, 2023, 8:35am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
I might put a fiver on him just to get his name in the market

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
chaos33
November 14, 2023, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Davec
With the greatest respect to Hurst, why the hell would a championship club appoint a manager who's record in the EFL looks very average at best and that's mainly at league 2 level! regardless how many times be played for them as a player, that would be a serious downgrade for them.

Fair enough and I did acknowledge that, but he has a chance. He will surely apply - if he does I hope he gets it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Poojah
November 14, 2023, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from chaos33

Fair enough and I did acknowledge that, but he has a chance. He will surely apply - if he does I hope he gets it.

As mentioned though, Rob Scott is head of recruitment at Rotherham and heavily involved in the process. That aside, I just don't think his CV stands him up for a Championship-level job at this moment in time, and there's even an argument that his next job in management might not even be in the EFL.

The only reason he would be talked about in terms of the Rotherham job is that he is their record appearance holder, but that's largely irrelevant in this context. No one is talking about John McDermott as our next boss, and though I concede he has considerably less experience in management than Hurst, that's mainly because any connection as a player should account for a tiny proportion of any decision making.

It would be a very strange move for the Millers to make, and not one I expect them to.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Rotherham Sack Taylor

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.