2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 11, 2023, 5:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,179
Gold Stars: 265
Given the rumours about us & David Healy, some might be interested in seeing the best 2 teams in the N.I. League. Kick off is at 5.30 and being shown on the BBC iplayer & BBC sport website
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
November 11, 2023, 5:50pm

Exile
the excellent Joel Cooper puts Linfield 1 up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
acko338
November 11, 2023, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Linfield now losing 2 -1 after 55 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Yoda
November 11, 2023, 7:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Linfield look awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Northbank Mariner
November 11, 2023, 7:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
One of the stewards at todays game told about 20 people the Healy deal is done....drunk myself laughing as he also told them Healy would be at BP later for the big reveal, whilst all the time I knew this game was being played tonight.. what was worse is all the lads took the steward's word as gospel..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Yoda
November 11, 2023, 7:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Bolger for Larne in defence looks a player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
LocalLadGTFC
November 11, 2023, 8:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,211
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Yoda
Bolger for Larne in defence looks a player

Cian Bolger, played for Lincoln. Spent more of his career in England
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 18
forza ivano
November 11, 2023, 9:46pm

Exile
tbh I'd be more excited if we'd gone for Tiernan Lynch of Larne - his side play some really nice stuff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
jamesgtfc
November 11, 2023, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
One of the stewards at todays game told about 20 people the Healy deal is done....drunk myself laughing as he also told them Healy would be at BP later for the big reveal, whilst all the time I knew this game was being played tonight.. what was worse is all the lads took the steward's word as gospel..

I thought Stockwood had told the matchday staff we were appointing the Cowleys? That's what The_Laughing_Mariner said anyway.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
grimsby pete
November 11, 2023, 10:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Maybe the Linfield players was not at their best because they knew their boss was leaving them .

A bit like our players today but in reverse.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
Sinkfortheladies
November 11, 2023, 11:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +63
Gold Stars: 1
Linfield was not very good today.

I'm not proud to say that after the Healy link, I spent an ungodly amount of time watching previous Linfield games available on the Iplayer to see what we were getting.

Today, was basically how Linfield play all the time, they have Cooper who is their star and its basically a game plan of give him the ball and seeing what happens.

It's never normally pretty but functional, today was neither and I feel like if anything that'll drive Healy to stay there and fight to regain the League Title.
  I would hazard a guess he will probably leave Linfield at the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
forza ivano
November 11, 2023, 11:56pm

Exile
Quoted from Sinkfortheladies
Linfield was not very good today.

I'm not proud to say that after the Healy link, I spent an ungodly amount of time watching previous Linfield games available on the Iplayer to see what we were getting.

Today, was basically how Linfield play all the time, they have Cooper who is their star and its basically a game plan of give him the ball and seeing what happens.

It's never normally pretty but functional, today was neither and I feel like if anything that'll drive Healy to stay there and fight to regain the League Title.
  I would hazard a guess he will probably leave Linfield at the end of the season.

that's a little unfair - kirk miller is an excellent player as is Fitzpatrick. I'd say they are based on solid foundations (Shields, Mulgrew & Johns) but Healey has never been shy in playing talented forwards, and also, quite importantly, giving youth a chance. They met a larne who were on top of their game, and as I said before, I'd be very happy if it was Tiernan Lynch, not David Healey, that we'd approached

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Sinkfortheladies
November 12, 2023, 12:09am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

that's a little unfair - kirk miller is an excellent player as is Fitzpatrick. I'd say they are based on solid foundations (Shields, Mulgrew & Johns) but Healey has never been shy in playing talented forwards, and also, quite importantly, giving youth a chance. They met a larne who were on top of their game, and as I said before, I'd be very happy if it was Tiernan Lynch, not David Healey, that we'd approached

I wouldn't dispute regarding Miller, but it is quite obvious the plan is to give the ball to Cooper and work from that.

That Shields confuses me, he can be a brick wall, and then he'll have a 5-10 min spell. He would look out of place on a Sunday morning.

I must say the quality, or lack thereof, of their opponents before tonight was a shock. It was a nice surprise to see Larne play tonight. I thought they were quality.
I agree that I would be looking at Lynch, switched on, and substitutes were brilliant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
forza ivano
November 12, 2023, 12:16am

Exile
Quoted from Sinkfortheladies

I wouldn't dispute regarding Miller, but it is quite obvious the plan is to give the ball to Cooper and work from that.

That Shields confuses me, he can be a brick wall, and then he'll have a 5-10 min spell. He would look out of place on a Sunday morning.

I must say the quality, or lack thereof, of their opponents before tonight was a shock. It was a nice surprise to see Larne play tonight. I thought they were quality.
I agree that I would be looking at Lynch, switched on, and substitutes were brilliant.

What I like about Lynch is that he's learnt/evolved. 20-21 n 21-22 they were great to watch, but so open at the back it was untrue. At times it seemed like Fuad Sule was alone in trying to stem opposition attacks!Tightened up in 22-23 and deservedly won the title. Had a bit of a wobble this year, whilst Linfield have been unstoppable, but this was them back to their best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Sinkfortheladies
November 12, 2023, 12:32am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

What I like about Lynch is that he's learnt/evolved. 20-21 n 21-22 they were great to watch, but so open at the back it was untrue. At times it seemed like Fuad Sule was alone in trying to stem opposition attacks!Tightened up in 22-23 and deservedly won the title. Had a bit of a wobble this year, whilst Linfield have been unstoppable, but this was them back to their best

Signs of a very good manager being able to adapt, especially when it's clear he has a specific way that he wants his teams to play.

Going to the national stadium and putting it on the league leaders like Larne did was fantastic.
There's also just the right amount of shithousery in that Larne side that every winning team need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Yoda
November 12, 2023, 12:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Larne where a far better team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
forza ivano
November 12, 2023, 9:10am

Exile
any after match interview with Healey?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Sinkfortheladies
November 12, 2023, 9:20am
Coke Drinker
Tweet 1723446116136443998 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
fishboyUTM
November 12, 2023, 10:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Went to Larne about 30 years ago as Town were on tour there. We only had a few fans, we were looked after by the locals incredibly well. Included being unable to pay for a beer in their social club, being presented with a Larne shirt, free ice creams and when they heard we were planning on camping in a tent, we were put up by a lovely couple who introuduced us to potchein (which I learned must be respected) and also invited to train with the first team!

Brilliant people and I've always kept an eye on their fortunes. Had similar treatment at Linfield. Not so good at Cliftonville who were on the other side of the coin. It was still dangerous out there, but at 18 we were a bit wet behind the ears. Saw a couple of armed men in baloclavas with buckets collectiing for the cause in a Belfast centre pub just before I opened my mouth to reveal my accent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Linfield v. Larne

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.