This thread currently has 3,940 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
November 9, 2023, 1:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,211
Gold Stars: 102
One thing is absolutely certain amid all this uncertainty, on Saturday us fans can play a huge part in turning the fortunes of this season. The players need us behind them and imagine if there’s a prospective manager sat in the stands how much we can make this old place a real draw. Also there’s an element of respect and thanks for Hurst to be shown. So even though Morcambe will bring 72 fans and we’re all a bit down, how’s about making Blundell Park sound like we know it can, loud and intimidating. A positive place for our team.
We’re all from Grimsby, who the intercourse are you?!?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
November 9, 2023, 1:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
I think that’s great sentiment, and should be the attitude everyone walks through the turnstiles with, but ultimately the tone will be set by the players wearing black and white shirts on the pitch. Concede a couple of soft goals early on, as we seem to have been doing, and all the good will goes out of the window. We’ve seen it a million times.

I’ll go with hope that we see a turnaround in performance and fortunes, but the last few weeks have knocked any confidence I had in the side, out of me. It’s up to them to change that.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2023, 2:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
It's a big game (obviously) and one we can't really afford to lose. Surely they will raise their game with prospective new managers looking on.

To show more will to win and togetherness would be nice otherwise January could be very interesting.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
Poojah
November 9, 2023, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Incidentally, Town and Morecambe’s form over the last 6 games are almost the exact inverse of one another (we just happen to have scored 2 more goals than they have conceded).

Town:             P6 W1 D1 L4 - F8 A12
Morecambe:   P6 W4 D1 L1 - F12 A6

It’s genuinely not my intention to píss on anyone’s fireworks, but it’s going to be tough.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
Theimperialcoroner
November 9, 2023, 2:06pm

Quoted from Poojah
Incidentally, Town and Morecambe’s form over the last 6 games are almost the exact inverse of one another (we just happen to have scored 2 more goals than they have conceded).

Town:             P6 W1 D1 L4 - F8 A12
Morecambe:   P6 W4 D1 L1 - F12 A6

It’s genuinely not my intention to píss on anyone’s fireworks, but it’s going to be tough.

This is kind of why I posted. It’s a classic “they’re a small club so we should beat them” thing when actually they are much better than us at the moment. Everyone needs to go to the game which a bigger up attitude on Saturday. Players included.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
HerveJosse
November 9, 2023, 4:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Here we go bigging up the opposition again. We are playing Morecambe at home. Why don’t we try something different given we otherwise seem bound to lose. Forget who we are playing go out and play front foot football and see what happens. If ever a team has frightened itself to death it’s us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
The Dogs Testicles
November 9, 2023, 4:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Approval: -104
Gold Stars: 12
The fans weren’t happy with results (3 wins in 20) and voiced their frustrations (mostly for PH to be sacked) which then happened.

There are clearly two options available:

Option 1 - Drip and moan, getting angry and frustrated, until a new manager comes in (which could be weeks still).

Option 2 - Get 100% behind the players, the Caretakers and hope to lift a team devoid of confidence in the hope of a precious 3 points before a new manager comes in.

As a fan,  we’ve only got one option available……..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
chaos33
November 9, 2023, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,931
Gold Stars: 360
Poojah is right though. The supporters should get rowdy and behind the team from kick off, but what then unfolds is down to the players. They’ve absolutely got to raise their game. The first goal is absolutely pivotal in how the atmosphere evolves though, and again, he’s correct - an early or soft goal and best case scenario then would be the descending of near silence punctuated by grumbles and yells. Worst case - yells boos, abuse and mindless, self obstructive chanting. So - the performance must be better and we must stay in the game, and what we really need to see is some visible method and team spirit and fight.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
heppy88
November 9, 2023, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
A loss is never easy to take, but if the team have shown some fight and spirit, fighting for each ball and we can see something resembling a plan, then no complaints. It’s when the performances are lackluster, the opposing goals are soft and player motivation is questionable, then that’s when things turn sour. The Grimsby fans just want to see that the players are giving there all. Surely, that’s not too much to ask from professionals?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
Theimperialcoroner
November 9, 2023, 6:40pm

Quoted from HerveJosse
Here we go bigging up the opposition again. We are playing Morecambe at home. Why don’t we try something different given we otherwise seem bound to lose. Forget who we are playing go out and play front foot football and see what happens. If ever a team has frightened itself to death it’s us.

It’s not a case of bugging up the opposition, they are in the play offs and we are right among the dead men. Unfortunately that’s the reality. The team have to treat it like that too and get in there fighting for the right to win every ball. I’d love us to be out there strutting about but we have got to earn that in everything we do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
Ashby mariner
November 9, 2023, 7:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Morecombe have lost 1 match in 10. From there point of view I'm sure anything but a win would be a disappointment. I just hope that they are dissapointed come 5pm and we have got a much needed win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
forza ivano
November 9, 2023, 7:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
TBH, if i'm the caretaker managers I'm playing 5 defenders, Clifton, Green & Holohan/Hunt in midfield n Wilson & Rose up front, hoping we can battle through to a draw

If they start trying to fannny around with passing out from the back like we tried on Sunday, we are fecked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
arryarryarry
November 9, 2023, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
One thing is absolutely certain amid all this uncertainty, on Saturday us fans can play a huge part in turning the fortunes of this season. The players need us behind them and imagine if there’s a prospective manager sat in the stands how much we can make this old place a real draw. Also there’s an element of respect and thanks for Hurst to be shown. So even though Morcambe will bring 72 fans and we’re all a bit down, how’s about making Blundell Park sound like we know it can, loud and intimidating. A positive place for our team.
We’re all from Grimsby, who the intercourse are you?!?

How do you show respect for a manager who has been sacked and won't be at the game?

Are we going to have a minutes applause at a certain point and did we show respect for Alan Buckley after he was sacked and who took us to a far greater level than PH.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Abdul19
November 9, 2023, 8:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
There's a minute's silence before the game to thank him for his service.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
The Yard Dog
November 9, 2023, 8:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from forza ivano
TBH, if i'm the caretaker managers I'm playing 5 defenders, Clifton, Green & Holohan/Hunt in midfield n Wilson & Rose up front, hoping we can battle through to a draw

If they start trying to fannny around with passing out from the back like we tried on Sunday, we are fecked

I have been saying thats our downfall trying to play it out from the back, get in their half as quick as possible, less chance of conceeding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
Mappers
November 9, 2023, 10:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
We are still capable of fielding 7 of the 11 that started at Southampton , they showed guts and determination that night - we have some cup finals coming up ,big ones . We need them to show up + Green must start for me if he's fit - time to show this 'Grimsby way ' our current leader talks about regularly .

The fans need something to get their teeth into , even if that means going into the trenches for a battle - take Morecambe their and see what they have got .

I think it might be time to give Conteh a rest .

Glad all the things mentioned happened - fair play to the lads , I'm sure them aswell as us have felt down about our form lately ; it's nice to be able to have a happy beer tonight !
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
Mallyner
November 10, 2023, 8:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Another positive thing for Saturday is, our past arch nemesis Kevin Ellison won't be against us.

He is still playing though for Runcorn Town.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
male private Nale
November 10, 2023, 8:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Abdul19
There's a minute's silence before the game to thank him for his service.

The silence then normally continues for the following 90 minutes .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
November 10, 2023, 12:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from male private Nale

The silence then normally continues for the following 90 minutes .

Isn't the minutes silence for Remembrance Sunday?

Reply: 18 - 30
chaos33
November 10, 2023, 12:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,931
Gold Stars: 360
Of course it is

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
November 10, 2023, 12:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
Of course it is

That's ok then, people post some weird stuff on here.

Reply: 20 - 30
ginnywings
November 10, 2023, 5:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Just hope we do better than last time we played them at BP. Got dicked 3-0 and they went up, while we went down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
DB
November 11, 2023, 12:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,004
Gold Stars: 386
The dynamic duo have now had 2 weeks to sort out a team for the Morecambe game. Apart from a win, what I want is a far better performance than the 2nd half at Slough, a team that works for each other and has team spirit and that can pass the ball. One that had a do-or-die spirit that gave us the title 'Come back kids'.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
oochiad
November 11, 2023, 1:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from DB
The dynamic duo have now had 2 weeks to sort out a team for the Morecambe game. Apart from a win, what I want is a far better performance than the 2nd half at Slough, a team that works for each other and has team spirit and that can pass the ball. One that had a do-or-die spirit that gave us the title 'Come back kids'.

You’re asking for a lot DB. I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 at this point……UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
DB
November 11, 2023, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from oochiad

You’re asking for a lot DB. I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 at this point……UTM!

So will I.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
DB
November 11, 2023, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

Dreams do come true.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
kevikov
November 11, 2023, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from DB

Dreams do come true.

Do us a favour, don’t wake up any time soon!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
DB
November 11, 2023, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from kevikov

say no more

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Mappers
November 11, 2023, 6:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
[quote=141149]We are still capable of fielding 7 of the 11 that started at Southampton , they showed guts and determination that night - we have some cup finals coming up ,big ones . We need them to show up + Green must start for me if he's fit - time to show this 'Grimsby way ' our current leader talks about regularly .

The fans need something to get their teeth into , even if that means going into the trenches for a battle - take Morecambe their and see what they have got .

I think it might be time to give Conteh a rest .

Glad it all happened

A happy beer tonight

Well done the team and fans
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
HerveJosse
November 11, 2023, 6:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from HerveJosse

Football is a simple game no matter how complicated many try to make it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
Grimal
November 11, 2023, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from DB

I think you got your wish today DB. 👍

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Saturday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.