Bigdog
November 3, 2023, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from chaos33

Who’s the best left winger in the league?

Louie Barry, Stockport..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
ginnywings
November 3, 2023, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Bigdog

Louie Barry, Stockport..

The guy who scored 2 in that game you mean?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
Stranger in the Park
November 3, 2023, 7:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We would have good FBs if we could combine the 2 left FBs and the 2 right FBs.

We would then have 2 attacking full-backs who could also defend.  Crossing would still be work in progress.  

The whole problem all along has been the fad for playing out from the back and using full-backs as wingers - square pegs in round holes. As I've posted before ,the team lacks the skill to do this and as we have often seen we are caught out defensively. Opposition teams soon clicked and raided us virtually unchallenged. The full-backs have been told to play this way but it has not led to success. We need to get back to basics and quickly. Leave the out-and-out wingers to do the running and crossing. Glennon played in this way-as a winger- would be far more effective and Amos would suffer less criticism. The same goes for the right wing with Efete. Colchester adopted this with great success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
chaos33
November 3, 2023, 7:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,936
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings

The guy who scored 2 in that game you mean?  

Exactly. Absolute non point.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Son of Cod
November 3, 2023, 7:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Central midfield getting a bit of an easy ride in this thread. Surely I'm not the only one that thinks it's all a bit meh, in the middle of the park (Conteh aside)? We've got the numbers but we don't have the quality at all. We've either got midfielders that excel at one single thing or just do everything particularly averagely. Mansfield have bossed us twice because their entire midfield is tidy, well up for a scrap and moves the ball at pace.

The new manager has got his work cut out in the transfer market, I'm hoping whoever comes in is gonna get JS and AP to pay a few of our lot to go their own way. Some of those two/three year deals we've been handing out don't look ideal now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
Bigdog
November 3, 2023, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from chaos33

Exactly. Absolute non point.

Penalty and set piece when Efete's job was to mark one of their big men. Ripped Mullarkey a new one first thirty minutes and not a sniff after Efete swapped roles. If you watched the game you'd know..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
toontown
November 3, 2023, 8:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Bigdog

Penalty and set piece when Efete's job was to mark one of their big men. Ripped Mullarkey a new one first thirty minutes and not a sniff after Efete swapped roles. If you watched the game you'd know..

Totally fair point, I agree he has done well recently in his 1 on 1 defensive job during normal play. I said he is the most in form of our full backs (albeit that's not a high bar). He's a great athlete. Doesn't change any of the criticisms I made of him in my post, and that have been obvious for 2 years now (concentration, ball control, passing, skill, crossing) which hes really poor at and that's why we need better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
chaos33
November 3, 2023, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Of course I watched the game. Your assertion is an absolute overstatement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
chaos33
November 3, 2023, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

I don’t want to argue mate. I respect you. You always post eloquent sense. I think Efete receives unfair criticism, but I think you’re overstating his case here. Just my view.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Norseman
November 3, 2023, 10:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from 123614

Totally disagree, he is the best RB we have at the club atm.

As he is the only right back Mullarkey being a centre back you are on a winner doesn't mean he's good enough .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JANUARY TRANSFER NEEDS AND RUMOURS

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.